EPL Matchday 28

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a pretty poor comparison lol.

Why don't you compare Kane with Thomas Gravesen next and see who has scored more goals?

And FTR - I like Kane, a lot.

Why is it a bad comparison?

I’m not the one who said Kane is the dirtiest player in the league. So I compared him to a dirty player. And then I listed another heap of players who have atrocious disciplinary records.

If the only argument that Kane is dirtier than the guys I mentioned (plus plenty of others) is “because he tunnels” or because some ignorant Gooner says so then that is laughable. There are plenty of thugs out there who go out to deliberately hurt their opponents. Kane is not one of them.

Erik Lamela for starters. He even got sent off yesterday. Granit Xhaka is another. If anybody genuinely thinks Kane is the dirtiest player that took the pitch yesterday then they are frankly, a moron.

Why is it a bad comparison?

I’m not the one who said Kane is the dirtiest player in the league. So I compared him to a dirty player. And then I listed another heap of players who have atrocious disciplinary records.

If the only argument that Kane is dirtier than the guys I mentioned (plus plenty of others) is “because he tunnels” or because some ignorant Gooner says so then that is laughable. There are plenty of thugs out there who go out to deliberately hurt their opponents. Kane is not one of them.

Erik Lamela for starters. He even got sent off yesterday. Granit Xhaka is another. If anybody genuinely thinks Kane is the dirtiest player that took the pitch yesterday then they are frankly, a moron.
Xhaka is a combative midfielder, Kane is a striker whose job is to score goals.

It is a bit of a no brainer Xhaka will have more red cards than Kane.

If the flag had of gone up immediately that collision doesnt happen.

I never even thought of that myself. I have always been an advocate of leaving the flag down and letting the play develop but then you have an incident like that and wonder what’s the point.

Adama gets in a great position and then slows to a crawl, puts in a s**t cross under pressure, falls to the ground and doesn’t get in the middle.

Also, when does injury time count from? Patricio was getting treatment on the pitch for 15 minutes and only 7 was added.

Also, when does injury time count from? Patricio was getting treatment on the pitch for 15 minutes and only 7 was added.
They added 7 on top of 100 minutes, instead of 15 on 90 minutes. Not sure why.

Adama gets in a great position and then slows to a crawl, puts in a sh*t cross under pressure, falls to the ground and doesn’t get in the middle.

The injury occurred in the ~85th minute, not sure how you get 15 minutes of injury time out of 5 minutes of playing time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xhaka is a combative midfielder, Kane is a striker whose job is to score goals.

It is a bit of a no brainer Xhaka will have more red cards than Kane.

I don't disagree with that.

However, Kane has one red card (which was as a result of two yellows about 10 years ago) in over 400 senior games.

But yeah, he's the dirtiest player in the league yet has received exactly ONE yellow card this season (admittedly should have gotten another yesterday).

Wanna bet me that there are strikers with much worse disciplinary records than that?

I don't disagree with that.

However, Kane has one red card in over 400 senior games.

But yeah, he's the dirtiest player in the league yet has received exactly ONE yellow card this season (admittedly should have gotten another yesterday).

Wanna bet me that there are strikers with much worse disciplinary records than that?
I don't think it can be denied though that he gets away with a fair bit being England captain and a bit of Golden Boy for the FA.

Doesn't mean he is immune from criticism, or being a bit dirty at times.

I agree there are dirtier players.

Presumably for when the game resumed.

Yes, however the initial post was querying why only 7 minutes was added when the keeper was getting treatment for 15. Once the game was stopped the period he was being treated for *after the 90 minutes was up* is irrelevant. The only time added for his injury should have been the time between it occurring and the 90 minutes occurring, with any time added for stoppages before that also being added. 7 minutes seemed about right to me given there were no goals scored and no long stoppages prior to the keeper's injury.

I don't think it can be denied though that he gets away with a fair bit being England captain and a bit of Golden Boy for the FA.

Doesn't mean he is immune from criticism, or being a bit dirty at times.

I agree there are dirtier players.

Yes, he gets away with a little bit. I don't question that either. But the hysteria coming form the ignorant is ridiculous. Kane is a choirboy compared to some of the absolute filth that has been and is still seen in this league. He should have been booked yesterday but he's no more 'dirty' than the average player. And given that he gets lumps kicked out of him every week is it any surprise when he gives a little bit back?

Yes, however the initial post was querying why only 7 minutes was added when the keeper was getting treatment for 15. Once the game was stopped the period he was being treated for *after the 90 minutes was up* is irrelevant. The only time added for his injury should have been the time between it occurring and the 90 minutes occurring, with any time added for stoppages before that also being added. 7 minutes seemed about right to me given there were no goals scored and no long stoppages prior to the keeper's injury.

But the added time is whatever will run after 90 minutes, so if you're still being treated after 90, even if it was from the 85th, if the game resumes in the 100th minute then it will be 15 minutes added.

But the added time is whatever will run after 90 minutes, so if you're still being treated after 90, even if it was from the 85th, if the game resumes in the 100th minute then it will be 15 minutes added.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I guess not.

To the 90 minutes yes, not to the 100, which is what the original post seemed to be asking for.

To the 90 minutes yes, not to the 100, which is what the original post seemed to be asking for.

I just assumed the injury time started from the moment play didn’t restart from when the injury occurred 85:33 (my mistake saying the 84th minute) to when the game restarted right on 100:25. That’s why I said 15 minutes and only 7 was given.

It seems to me like the referee had pre-determined that there would be 7 minutes of injury time prior to when Patricio went down injured and didn’t actually count the treatment Patricio was receiving.

Last edited:
I just assumed the injury time started from the moment play didn’t restart from when the injury occurred 85:33 (my mistake saying the 84th minute) to when the game restarted right on 100:25. That’s why I said 15 minutes and only 7 was given.

It seems to me like the referee had pre-determined that there would be 7 minutes of injury time prior to when Patricio went down injured and didn’t actually count the treatment Patricio was receiving.

I assumed he added the time between Patricio's injury (85:33) and full time (90:00) to whatever injury time had already been clocked up. It makes no sense to add extra time for injury treatment that occurs after the 90:00 as this is not match time that has been "lost", it's just dead time until the game is started again.

Put it this way, if he'd added 15 minutes to the match when it restarted at 100.25 it would have ended up going for 115 odd minutes meaning 25 minutes of additional time for a 15 minute injury stoppage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back