EPL Matchday 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I assumed he added the time between Patricio's injury (85:33) and full time (90:00) to whatever injury time had already been clocked up. It makes no sense to add extra time for injury treatment that occurs after the 90:00 as this is not match time that has been "lost", it's just dead time until the game is started again.

Put it this way, if he'd added 15 minutes to the match when it restarted at 100.25 it would have ended up going for 115 odd minutes meaning 25 minutes of additional time for a 15 minute injury stoppage.

Nah because it's added time as of the 90. I misunderstood you original comment but I'm agreeing with RPCB on this one, weird not to put the board up for the full amount.

I assumed he added the time between Patricio's injury (85:33) and full time (90:00) to whatever injury time had already been clocked up. It makes no sense to add extra time for injury treatment that occurs after the 90:00 as this is not match time that has been "lost", it's just dead time until the game is started again.

Put it this way, if he'd added 15 minutes to the match when it restarted at 100.25 it would have ended up going for 115 odd minutes meaning 25 minutes of additional time for a 15 minute injury stoppage.
I'd hate to Amercianise / Australianise football, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that wished FIFA would adopt a time on / time off scenario in football (like US sports and AFL) so that each half is a maximum of 45 minutes each half which you'd get when time on is blown for any sort of antics and stoppages.

They're going the nth degree with offside, why not do it with the actual time games are played as opposed to ref's just approximating the time?

I'd hate to Amercianise / Australianise football, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that wished FIFA would adopt a time on / time off scenario in football (like US sports and AFL) so that each half is a maximum of 45 minutes each half which you'd get when time on is blown for any sort of antics and stoppages.

They're going the nth degree with offside, why not do it with the actual time games are played as opposed to ref's just approximating the time?

Think there was some analysis a year or so back that most games only have about 50 minutes of actual on the pitch action with all of the throw ins, goal kicks, kick offs, etc. so could have two periods of 30 minutes and actually get more genuine football, with a time off when the ball goes out of play.

Nah because it's added time as of the 90. I misunderstood you original comment but I'm agreeing with RPCB on this one, weird not to put the board up for the full amount.

Ok. I think, in a roundabout way, we're all in agreement ;-) I guess it may have occurred the way it did as that sort of situation doesn't come up all that often (thankfully). Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

Yeah, I understand that point of view because we typically don’t see added injury time inside of injury time at the end of match, because it is generally 2-3 minutes long and not a lot whole happens typically.

But take the recent United/Everton match. 4 minutes of injury time was given and it went right up to 6 and a half minutes before the final whistle was blown. I mean it doesn’t matter now. :p

Swap mangers and Spurs win yesterday. And Arteta is no genius, that much is sure. But at least he understands that the aim of the game is to stick the ball in the other team's net.

It beggars belief how often Spurs conspire to completely * up from winning positions. The above stat is of no surprise at all. I have lost count over the years of the NLD's we have led and lost.

Was only a matter of time until that happened.

The silly thing is that the flag doesn't go up even for the most obvious offsides once the attacker plays the ball. They only go up once a goal is scored or the attacking phase / chance of scoring finishes.

I say just flag them all once the attacker plays the ball if the lino believes they are offfside. It might mean that a legitimate goal is chalked off due to the whistle going occasionally but at least nobody gets cleaned up challenging for what is effectively a dead ball.

Ok. I think, in a roundabout way, we're all in agreement ;-) I guess it may have occurred the way it did as that sort of situation doesn't come up all that often (thankfully). Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

Oh yeah we're all agreeing the right amount of time was played.

I just assumed the injury time started from the moment play didn’t restart from when the injury occurred 85:33 (my mistake saying the 84th minute) to when the game restarted right on 100:25. That’s why I said 15 minutes and only 7 was given.

It seems to me like the referee had pre-determined that there would be 7 minutes of injury time prior to when Patricio went down injured and didn’t actually count the treatment Patricio was receiving.
Yeah I dont know, there was 4 or so minutes to go and I think only a couple of minutes of injury time. So there was 6 mins to go in the match. So the injury halted that. Once the injury was done, they resumed with the 6 or 7 minutes to go in the match.

Does that make sense... I dont know.

Yeah I dont know, there was 4 or so minutes to go and I think only a couple of minutes of injury time. So there was 6 mins to go in the match. So the injury halted that. Once the injury was done, they resumed with the 6 or 7 minutes to go in the match.

Does that make sense... I dont know.

It makes sense because that's what the referee actually ended up doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back