EPL Matchday 29

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Chef’s a good guy, but I just wish he’d expand his chat beyond that of Chelsea every now and then. Same with Moomba, never shuts up about city. Sorry I’m just in one of my campaignerish moods today

The thing is that some people might only watch/have time to watch their own teams play because matches are on so early in the morning and Chef/Moomba might be in that category, I don’t know. If so, it is hard to talk about what you don’t watch so they choose to stick to talking about their own clubs.

And absolutely no need to apologise mate. :)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually agree with you about VVD, but this has been done so many times already on here.
Life’s a bit like that, you end up running out of new things to say I’m afraid. Anyway, anything to get us away from discussing ad nauseam the latest controversial offside decision. With PotY coming up soon discussions around the leading contenders are gonna crop up at the moment though I feel

Chef’s a good guy, but I just wish he’d expand his chat beyond that of Chelsea every now and then. Same with Moomba, never shuts up about city. Sorry I’m just in one of my campaignerish moods today
Today I've talked about the Chelsea/Fulham game, Merseyside Derby, wasting time on substitutions.

Yesterday I spoke about the NLD, offside (a lot), Solsjkaer.

And a bit about our game.

Stop being such a miserable campaigner.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Laporte has been as good as VVD this season imo. He won't get the plaudits but has been really good for us.
The goo fest for him is the thing to do at the moment. It's like the way he has played this season is groundbreaking and never been done before. The best I've seen week in week out in a season for us was Toby in the Leicester year and it's surprising that his numbers are even close to what big Virg has done this season.

1551646208001.png

1551646269295.png

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The thing is that some people might only watch/have time to watch their own teams play because matches are on so early in the morning and Chef/Moomba might be in that category, I don’t know. If so, it is hard to talk about what you don’t watch so they choose to stick to talking about their own clubs.

And absolutely no need to apologise mate. :)
This is my take right, if you’re only here to talk about your own club 24/7 then join a ******* club site where you can do that with others who want to do the same. Go and join RAWK, Blue Moon or The Red Cafe or whatever. I don’t want some Chelsea fan ramming Chelsea down my throat every post they make. Not all fans are like it though. I couldn’t even tell you what club you support for instance, which is a good thing

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Laporte has been as good as VVD this season imo. He won't get the plaudits but has been really good for us.
I'd also argue Issa Diop has been really good this season when you consider so many foreign young center backs have struggled initially in the Premier League.

He's one I see PSG for instance trying to sign for 50m plus in the summer...

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Today I've talked about the Chelsea/Fulham game, Merseyside Derby, wasting time on substitutions.

Yesterday I spoke about the NLD, offside (a lot), Solsjkaer.

And a bit about our game.

Stop being such a miserable campaigner.
Ok I apologise. I can be a bit of a nasty old campaigner sometimes. I do make this conscious effort to talk about clubs other than just spurs, I think the board would be more interactive if posters adopted that stance. But I’m getting on a high horse here and shouldn’t be dictating what people want to post about. Just sometimes I gotta say it

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Yeah i dunno, I just post about whatever. If it triggers people theres not much i can do about.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Easy to say in hindsight, but an odd pair of substitutions from Klopp when Keita & Shaqiri were there on the bench. Salah fluffed his lines with 2 chances you expect him to put away in his sleep but in general we needed players behind him to break lines and create better quality chances.

As City went through their slump in December, we’re going through ours now. Last week aside, it’s scoring goals that seems to have been the problem for us recently. We’ve now lost the buffer we built up during City’s rough patch, and the window for Klopp to correct it has closed. Now or never. 9 games to go.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

I’d say this is probably a symptom of the relative strengths of our defences pre-Laporte and VVD.

We were leaking goals left right and centre before VVD signed, now we have the best defensive record in the league.

Conversely City have had an extremely strong defence for years so perhaps that’s why Laporte’s impact hasn’t been as noticeable.

For what it’s worth, for me they’re both locks in the TotY.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah i dunno, I just post about whatever. If it triggers people theres not much i can do about.

Saying what you want is awesome. I’ll start;

Liverpool might not win the Premier League in 2018/19 but at least they will have won the year of 2018/18.

When I become supreme overlord of this site one day Ossie and Boj will be banned. Do not even mention that campaigner.

But I mean come on. 1 season of elite performance is hardly worthy of being compared to people who excelled for seasons.

Aww, what did I do? :'(

Its done, Liverpool have choked and the title race is over. Last month of football from them has been crap, Salah has turned into a C grade player, and not only that he's turned into one of the most selfish players going around. When he's not fluffing simple chances, he decides that when he's surrounded by 3 players the best course of action is to try and take them on and have a shot at goal instead of distributing to a teammate in a better position.

Klopp hasn't helped things with his daft tactics and substitutions. Why not change things around and try Salah on the left or middle when he's out of form? Or start him on the bench. Then today he brings on Milner and Lallana as two of his subs when the midfield is crying out for some creativity from someone like Shaqiri or even Keita. Shocking on his behalf.

Oh well, at least they can be the first team in history to lose one game and not win the title.

Back