EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

And lost it straight away. He was miles from the ball even if he didnt suffer any contact at all. Incidental contact, refs call on whether its a foul or not. Im not saying it couldnt be a foul but as the referee was right in front of the incident it isnt clear enough for a VAR review.
Miles from the ball? You mean after he won it and the ball went travelling? Again that’s irrelevant. If a player has a shot and then gets clipped, it’s still a foul. Same with a clearance. I honestly question people’s understanding of the game sometimes.

Miles from the ball? You mean after he won it and the ball went travelling? Again that’s irrelevant. If a player has a shot and then gets clipped, it’s still a foul. Same with a clearance. I honestly question people’s understanding of the game sometimes.

Absolutely its relevant. 50/50 challenges will often result in a clash of legs / incidental contact. The new directives say exactly this, contact is no longer a foul by itself. Has to be a significant amount of contact for a foul to be called here and thats up to the referee on the pitch to decide. Some refs will give a foul, some wont. Either call is correct. Not a scenario for VAR to intervene in here unless the referee was unsighted and missed the incident.

Absolutely its relevant. 50/50 challenges will often result in a clash of legs / incidental contact. The new directives say exactly this, contact is no longer a foul by itself. Has to be a significant amount of contact for a foul to be called here and thats up to the referee on the pitch to decide. Some refs will give a foul, some wont. Either call is correct. Not a scenario for VAR to intervene in here unless the referee was unsighted and missed the incident.
It’s not 50/50 if one person wins it and the other bares his studs like that AND catches the player. It’s not even a scenario where it could go either way. It’s dangerous and reckless. That’s the last I’ll say. Not gonna bother anymore.

It’s not 50/50 if one person wins it and the other bares his studs like that AND catches the player. It’s not even a scenario where it could go either way. It’s dangerous and reckless. That’s the last I’ll say. Not gonna bother anymore.

Now that's being ridiculous. The ball was most definitely there to be won by both players and was definitely a 50/50 challenge. You are making out that he cleaned out Neves with a huge amount of contact. There was bugger all contact, whether it is a foul or not is up to the referee on the pitch, there really is nothing more to say on the matter as VAR correctly let the decision of the referee on the pitch at the time.

Now that's being ridiculous. The ball was most definitely there to be won by both players and was definitely a 50/50 challenge. You are making out that he cleaned out Neves with a huge amount of contact. There was bugger all contact, whether it is a foul or not is up to the referee on the pitch, there really is nothing more to say on the matter as VAR correctly let the decision of the referee on the pitch at the time.

You need help, my friend.

The ball ran away over the line so I can punch him - Zidane98

Was thinking about how long Taylor took to make the decision on James/penalty. Cant remember who the ref was but took no time to make a VAR decision for Torres' disallowed goal against Norwich.

I reckon it's all for show. Riley has never wanted refs on the sidelines watching the TV. He's always wanted the decisions made at Stockley Heath with a match commander looking over his shoulder.

Will be something worth keeping an eye on.

Was thinking about how long Taylor took to make the decision on James/penalty. Cant remember who the ref was but took no time to make a VAR decision for Torres' disallowed goal against Norwich.

I reckon it's all for show. Riley has never wanted refs on the sidelines watching the TV. He's always wanted the decisions made at Stockley Heath with a match commander looking over his shoulder.

Will be something worth keeping an eye on.

Both were obvious decisions that really didn't need much scrutiny.

I liked how quickly Chambers falling over was deemed irrelevant for the second goal in the Arsenal game. Its how it needs to be done.

Some people appear to be having trouble understanding this. It's not that hard.

Hopefully the new interpretation will reduce the nonsense of teams putting the ball out every time a player sits on the ground. A sore ankle doesn't get worse because a trainer can't get on immediately. And often they are faking.

Some people appear to be having trouble understanding this. It's not that hard.

Hopefully the new interpretation will reduce the nonsense of teams putting the ball out every time a player sits on the ground. A sore ankle doesn't get worse because a trainer can't get on immediately. And often they are faking.
I agree that the referee should make the call as whether to stop the game for an injury but that is different to the Pogba challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back