EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

And all 3 will win as many trophies as Spurs this season.
How are those 3 all winning 4 trophies each? Mid season relegation to win the championship, fa vase, fa trophy, johnstone’s paint trophy. I’ve run out now lol.
Surely this is Art Vandelay_ dream bottom 3 at the end of the season.

18 Arsenal
19 Chelsea
20 Hawthorn
nah no way. Hawks on the bottom gives them great draft picks. Missing finals but finishing 9-12 for a few years will help keep them in irrelevant purgatory lol by getting good but not awesome draftees.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
How are those 3 all winning 4 trophies each? Mid season relegation to win the championship, fa vase, fa trophy, johnstone’s paint trophy. I’ve run out now lol.

Spurs winning the quadruple would either be the funniest football story in history or totally weird.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
For some odd reason, I would love a Man Utd win just to see the ensuing melts on this board and on social media haha.

But from someone who always wants a close/tight title race, it wouldn't be good from that perspective, City would be in a very commanding position.

But yeah, Scouser Meltdowns (as much as I appreciate you passionate Liverpooldians) are always fun.

Gonna be a fun weekend of games. As long as Carlton beat Collingwood, I could live with Leeds going down to Chelsea :)
What? You're a Leeds fan. You should want almost more than anyone for United to get stuffed this coming weekend.

Are you going crazy?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Taking it a bit too literally with what was a throwaway line. Just thought it was funny seeing two of England’s big clubs occupying 18-20.

And I don’t hate Arsenal in reality, I laugh at your shitness, poor results and funny moments but can respect your operating structure of spending within the constraints of what you earn. Building from within a well thought out plan and incorporating youth into the setup and not abusing the academy system through mass loans.

Hate is a strong word and reserved almost exclusively for the arab gulf sportswasher clubs, and the trophy thieves with dirty Russian $$
So we're good?

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Hey siri,

Hitmen for hire in Country Victoria?
Haha I do know this fella, I'll send you his number.
Mr Inbetween GIF by FX Networks

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Taking it a bit too literally with what was a throwaway line. Just thought it was funny seeing two of England’s big clubs occupying 18-20.

And I don’t hate Arsenal in reality, I laugh at your shitness, poor results and funny moments but can respect your operating structure of spending within the constraints of what you earn. Building from within a well thought out plan and incorporating youth into the setup and not abusing the academy system through mass loans.

Hate is a strong word and reserved almost exclusively for the arab gulf sportswasher clubs, and the trophy thieves with dirty Russian $$
How do you describe your feelings for West Ham and Hawthorn then :p

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd

nah no way. Hawks on the bottom gives them great draft picks. Missing finals but finishing 9-12 for a few years will help keep them in irrelevant purgatory lol by getting good but not awesome draftees.

This holds up in theory until you realise you’re gifting us picks in the 7-12 range. Do that and we might end up with Selwood (pick 7) or Dangerfield (pick 10)

Far better for you to wish us to lose preliminary finals end on end and have a collection of late first rounders that are good enough to keep us there, but not enough to actually win it 😉

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
As long as the Glazers are still the owners, I don’t see us ever being decent again. Top 4 is done for the foreseeable future.
These are the owners that have given you almost as much money as Oil FC have had to spend on players?
Face facts. You were only successful in the past because Ferguson was able to spend double your nearest rival. Now you can't outspend three or four other clubs you now have to deal with what every other club dealt with for 30 years.
You have to learn to play football while not being the sole owner of top shelf talent in the league.
You have to learn to deal with not cannibalising every other team of their best talent.

It isn't the owners. They've given you every thing you need.

It's the club. You don't know how to play football without a chequebook.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
These are the owners that have given you almost as much money as Oil FC have had to spend on players?
Face facts. You were only successful in the past because Ferguson was able to spend double your nearest rival. Now you can't outspend three or four other clubs you now have to deal with what every other club dealt with for 30 years.
You have to learn to play football while not being the sole owner of top shelf talent in the league.
You have to learn to deal with not cannibalising every other team of their best talent.

It isn't the owners. They've given you every thing you need.

It's the club. You don't know how to play football without a chequebook.

You might be onto something.

Back