EPL Matchday 3

Remove this Banner Ad

+ 5 corners to 0

Arsenal sacrificing the wings and loading the penalty area when out of possession making it difficult to thread a pass into feet in the centre, but giving Arnold and Robertson acres of time and space on the ball in the final third, seemingly inviting them to keep pumping crosses in. Their delivery wasn’t at its usual best but it was inevitably going to yield a goal at some point given the sheer volume of possession Liverpool had in Arsenal’s final third.

Arsenal looked very threatening on the counter through Aubameyang and Pepe and easily could’ve scored. They’re going to be a deadly combo this season.

Typical Salah goal. He must’ve scored 30 like that over the last 3 seasons. As the commentator said, it’s probably autonomous muscle memory for him when he gets the ball in those positions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool blew arsenal away in the first 15-20 minutes off that 2nd half, they kind of blew themselves out also as they had nothing much in the tank afterwards - unless they just considered it job done. They played that way two seasons ago and it didn’t always work for them though. No team can live with that 20 minutes for my money though

Liverpool blew arsenal away in the first 15-20 minutes off that 2nd half, they kind of blew themselves out also as they had nothing much in the tank afterwards - unless they just considered it job done. They played that way two seasons ago and it didn’t always work for them though. No team can live with that 20 minutes for my money though

Think Laca gave them some energy near the end, whilst Ox and Lallana are still finding their fitness after long lay-offs. Plus some tiredness...

Think Laca gave the some energy near the end, whilst Ox and Lallana are still finding their fitness after long lay-offs. Plus some tiredness...
The energy you put in means you’re always going to take a collective breather. No team can play with that pace and intensity for a whole half. I’m surprised they didn’t come again though but the changes and the fact the game was won probably told otherwise.

Especially with Xhaka playing.
Tuned in and the players were in the tunnel and it took me a few moments to realise your captain was Xhaka?! Did I just invent that or was he really your captain? Wtf?

Also Guendouzi always kinda looks like a prize winner who has been picked out of the crowd to play a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back