EPL Matchday 31 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and the guy who cost them goals in the last two games

So how is that Lampard's fault? He should have predicted after he scored the winner against Newcastle that he'd stuff up against West Ham?

So how is that Lampard's fault? He should have predicted after he scored the winner against Newcastle that he'd stuff up against West Ham?
Yeah. Iwobi is s**t. The fact he scored a goal doesn't make him less s**t. It just means there's an inevitable laughable moment coming next

Lampard has got his tactics wrong in every game just about.
Playing on the front foot against the best counter attacking duo in Kane/Son, playing a back 3 against the best team in the league at using a back 3 in Wolves etc.

He’s lost 8 out of 12 games, there has been no improvement at all. He’s walked in to a s**t show but he’s made it worse.
Please, you don't know what you're talking about

Lampard has got his tactics wrong in every game just about.
Playing on the front foot against the best counter attacking duo in Kane/Son,
Was bizarre. A massive thanks to Frank for that one.

No, it wasn't. He grabbed his arm and clipped his leg.

How the fu** are you blaming Pickford? He had nothing to do with it.

Another Brades whoopsiedaisy moment. Gordon thrust his left leg backwards to initiate the contact then threw himself to the ground. Clever by Gordon but it wasn't a penalty.

Did you miss where Hackford sliced his clearance for the throw in that led to the goal?

Another Brades whoopsiedaisy moment. Gordon thrust his left leg backwards to initiate the contact then threw himself to the ground. Clever by Gordon but it wasn't a penalty.

Did you miss where Hackford sliced his clearance for the throw in that led to the goal?
As much as I don’t rate him that highly you do seem to have an obsession with Pickford.

Because that was what caused the goal.... How about blaming his defence for making him have to clear it in the first place on his wrong foot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I don’t rate him that highly you do seem to have an obsession with Pickford.

I think I have been fairly objective. He's England's number one keeper so he deserves some attention.

I have said he's a very good shot stopper but poor with the ball at his feet. Nick Pope is probably worse. So you adapt to what you have. You don't keep going back to him like he's got skills like Ederson or Allison. Clearing down the line is more likely to lead to possession in a good area than a hoof from the goalie.

I think I have been fairly objective. He's England's number one keeper so he deserves some attention.

I have said he's a very good shot stopper but poor with the ball at his feet. Nick Pope is probably worse. So you adapt to what you have. You don't keep going back to him like he's got skills like Ederson or Allison. Clearing down the line is more likely to lead to possession in a good area than a hoof from the goalie.
And at the same time you say Mendy is good with his feet... yet last night proves he is not. If there is something Pickford is good at it's with his feet. His shot stopping can sometimes let him down.

Shouldn't be though.

Shouldn't be though.
Why not? I get he and Ramsdale have had different seasons, although being on a team that doesn't suck arse helps... but he's hardly been worse and when he's has teammates who aren't useless to pass to he's been great with ball at feet like usual.

Why not? I get he and Ramsdale have had different seasons, although being on a team that doesn't suck arse helps... but he's hardly been worse and when he's has teammates who aren't useless to pass to he's been great with ball at feet like usual.
Because Ramsdale is much better.

How is he "much better". Both are relatively on par.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea are the three best teams in the Premier league. Their keepers Ederson, Allison and Mendy have the shortest average pass length at 30, 29.8 and 29.5 metres respectively. They are used as extra outfield players. This is how the best teams play right now.

Pope's average 'pass' length is 53.4m, Pickford 50.4. They are both hoofers.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea are the three best teams in the Premier league. Their keepers Ederson, Allison and Mendy have the shortest average pass length at 30, 29.8 and 29.5 metres respectively. They are used as extra outfield players. This is how the best teams play right now.

Pope's average 'pass' length is 53.4m, Pickford 50.4. They are both hoofers.
And? That's what happens when you have the defence Everton has who can't pass for s**t.

And? That's what happens when you have the defence Everton has who can't pass for s**t.
Its misleading because Ramsdale is a ball playing GK, plays a LOT of long balls into the middle third or wide because he is good with it at his feet, but his average passes makes it sound worse than it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back