EPL Matchday 31

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are you arguing against? Literally you responded to me pointing out to Cruyff that the money they spent was generated from sales UNLIKE City/United/Arsenal. That was it. Are you denying that? If not, who are you arguing against?
I just like posting the picture tbh.

I do think nett spend is overused and often pointless stat used in football discussion.

Doesn't factor in the value of the squad before, the value of the squad after, free agent signing, wages, agent fees, youth trading, contractual situation, transfer add-ons etc.

If you were going to do a proper assessment of a clubs player trading you'd have to factor all of those things in as well as the headline transfer prices.

For a start, nett spend isn't used to calculate profit or loss.

All I'm saying is that when I look at your squad you have right now, and question how they should be performing, the price you got for players sold 1, 3, 4 years ago doesn't factor.

If I was assessing how Liverpool had performed financially then yeah, I'd be looking at that. But that's more an accounting/business debate than a football one.

I don't think anyone at any stage has made the point that the Liverpool squad is doing better than expectations because of the source of the funds used to build it..

It's all over, City will win the Premiership (probably by a bigger points gap they hold over Liverpool now), Pep 'pepped' his team like a well oiled machine, Kopp (in my opinion) played his cards too early and irrationality panicked afterwards.

It's all over, City will win the Premiership (probably by a bigger points gap they hold over Liverpool now), Pep 'pepped' his team like a well oiled machine, Kopp (in my opinion) played his cards too early and irrationality panicked afterwards.

Aren't Liverpool currently ahead on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back