EPL Matchday 31

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I wouldn’t even include Leicester City in this. The most unlikeliest champion at 5000-1 odds, who came in a position the following season that no one would have been surprised with, had they not won the league. It’s like giving Greek supporters crap because Greece didn’t go closer to winning Euro 2008.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
A downfall of our own excellence. We got 99 points. What did Leicester win the league with.... like 40 😂

81 points.

A points tally that Liverpool have managed to reach only 5 times in the PL era.

But it didnt happen so why say it?

If Chelsea had purposely won more games we wouldn't have finished 10th or Leicester 12th. I didnt happen
Come back to my post at the end of the season, RE points gap.

We need 11 points in our last 7 games to be 36 points worse off. Leicester and Chelsea were both 37 points worse off.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah i dont get why you'd want to try and downplay Leicester effort, it was amazing.

It was. And they ended up winning the league by 10 points too, which just made it all the more brilliant. Great achievement that might never be matched again.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Can't say I'll be disappointed with Jose going. But I do like the way he stuck up for Son and himself with the media today. Like he said if he had said what Ole said about Son to the press there'd be 4 days of pure outrage at the what Mourinho said about an opposition player.

Whether the goal should have stood or not is beside the point. Completely unprofessional and hypocritical from OGS. There is no club in the PL that doesn't have players drop to the ground to try and break up attacking play of the opposition and United actually did it very well themselves on a couple of occasions today.

The sooner FIFA bring in a rule to say a player who drops to the ground and wants play stopped must stay off for X number of mins the better because then their team will actually be punished playing a man down for a long period. At the moment the 20 seconds or less is worth it because you're stopping an attacking move and giving the ball back.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Can't say I'll be disappointed with Jose going. But I do like the way he stuck up for Son and himself with the media today. Like he said if he had said what Ole said about Son to the press there'd be 4 days of pure outrage at the what Mourinho said about an opposition player.

Whether the goal should have stood or not is beside the point. Completely unprofessional and hypocritical from OGS. There is no club in the PL that doesn't have players drop to the ground to try and break up attacking play of the opposition and United actually did it very well themselves on a couple of occasions today.

The sooner FIFA bring in a rule to say a player who drops to the ground and wants play stopped must stay off for X number of mins the better because then their team will actually be punished playing a man down for a long period. At the moment the 20 seconds or less is worth it because you're stopping an attacking move and giving the ball back.
Rashford would play five minutes!

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Jose and Ole going at it!

“We shouldn’t be conned. I have to say, if my son stays down like this for three minutes and needs his 10 mates to help him up, he won’t get any food. We weren’t (conned), the referee was.” - Ole.

“I just want to say, Sonny is very lucky that his father is a better person than Ole, because I think a father - I am a father - you have to always feed your kids, it doesn’t matter what they do.

“If you have to steal to feed your kids, you steal. I am very, very disappointed, and like we say in Portugal bread is bread and cheese is cheese, I told Ole already what I think about his comments.” - Jose.

This has been one of the weirder fights by two managers I have ever heard.

That overturned utd goal.. yuck, soccer is becoming a joke I gotta say
If you think a foul being given in 2021 for that is bad. The exact same act was given a red card in 2014.

Back