EPL Matchday 31

Remove this Banner Ad

I will take your word for it then. You are a passionate Melbourne City fan and thus have proven to have great judgement and intellect đź‘Ť
That’s all good then pants, inagine if you were a WSW fan. Word not taken! ;)

We’re done. Musical chairs at the back as he trusts none of them and Daniel gave him neither Skriniar or Dias. Both winning titles this season btw.

Based purely on offensive quality, you've the means to offset those glaring defensive frailties. Tall order implementing it at this stage, obviously.

Heavy odds but not completely out of it in my view.

It's the points, position, goals etc differential that everyone is looking at.

Tbh even with everyone healthy Liverpool wasn't going to dominate the league like they did last season.

It makes sense to compare ladder position. Points differential is pretty much irrelevant. Due to the abnormal circumstances of the entire season no team was likely going to dominate like we did last season or Man City did in 2017/18. Hard to say where we would be with a normal amount of injuries.

Sorry this is almost becoming a weekly thing from Man Utd supporters. Either racially abusing one of Their own players (usually Rashford) or an opposition player.

Manchester United has a toxic/racist ratbag element in their fanbase (mainly in the UK it must be said) that needs to addressed and cut out.

And quite frankly, I do not believe Ole/Woodward or the Glazers or admin are doing anything really to discourage it.

No point sugarcoating it. Most racist club in England. #MUFC

Hey man I hate them as much as you do but unfortunately every club has deplorable fans. Man Utd will have more incidents like this because they have a bigger fanbase.

This is a an issue that society needs to resolve through education. All Man Utd can do (or any club) is harshly penalise any fan found guilty of racist behavior to act as a powerful deterrent to stupidity. I don't see their fan base being particularly worse than any other fan base per capita.

Leeds finished 17th the year after they won the title. Technically it was the last season before the newly created Premier League but still.

If we go right back City finished 21st and got relegated in 38, the season after winning the title.

That's just your opinion. Nobody has anyway of knowing that at all... We were top at Christmas even with all our injuries, so if everyone was fit, who knows.
There was no way you were going 30 games undefeated again, teams eventually work each other out and injuries happen as you very well know just look at the history of each title winning team.

Even when city won by a point the season before then dropped off dramatically like should I really be explaining this to you?

It makes sense to compare ladder position. Points differential is pretty much irrelevant. Due to the abnormal circumstances of the entire season no team was likely going to dominate like we did last season or Man City did in 2017/18. Hard to say where we would be with a normal amount of injuries.
Don't get me wrong healthy Liverpool easily would be top 3 but to replicate the title winning season you had was a huge ask.

There was no way you were going 30 games undefeated again, teams eventually work each other out and injuries happen as you very well know just look at the history of each title winning team.

Even when city won by a point the season before then dropped off dramatically like should I really be explaining this to you?
Oh I dont think we would have gone close to 100 points again, but if no injuries happened, I think we'd still be fighting for the title rather than 4th.

Back to back seasons of 98 and 99 points is tough to go a third or a similar quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I dont think we would have gone close to 100 points again, but if no injuries happened, I think we'd still be fighting for the title rather than 4th.

Back to back seasons of 98 and 99 points is tough to go a third or a similar quality.
City have had injury issues as well and were sitting 8th at end of 2020. VVD didn’t exactly set world on fire before his injury, Gomez struggling as well. Both were there when you conceded seven to Villa

City have had injury issues as well and were sitting 8th at end of 2020. VVD didn’t exactly set world on fire before his injury, Gomez struggling as well. Both were there when you conceded seven to Villa
Both class players though. That Villa game was just an anomaly.

Obviously we would much rather have Matip, Gomez and VVD fit than not.

But it's not just those three that have hurt us.

Taking out the League and FA Cup cos we play second string and kids, we have played 40 games this season, 31 in the league and 9 in the CL.

VVD has played just 5 out of an available 40.
Matip has played just 12 out of an available 40.
Gomez just the 10 out of an available 40.

But then we've had crushing injuries elsewhere too.

Henderson has played just 27 of an available 40. (and will miss probably the rest of the season)
Fabinho has played just 29 of an available 40.
Thiago has only played 20 out of an available 40.
Jota has played just 22 out of an available 40.

Just too many good players out to plug all the gaps. It's been a crazy season but hopefully we can still rally and finish top four. Jota, Fab and Thiago are all back now. The other four all gone for the season.

Is it fair to say or assume that if Brighton can.at least get a point at Neverton, Fulham are definitley down (think they are already)

Leeds only 4 points behind Tottenham with 7 games left.

If you told me that before the start of the season, I would have said you were on crack.

This has been the most enjoyable and memorable season for me as a Leeds fan in probably 20 years or close to it. Doesn't matter if we don't win Silverwear, never in my wildest dreams could I have dreamt of a possible top 10 finish with our squad and beating Man City at Etihad with 10 Men for 45 minutes.

💛💙

When was the last time Leeds won the first division? You're as bad as us.

We have won it more recently than you or Spurs :)

Least we are not deluded as to where our placing is in the English Football Pecking order.
Uh... sure. Considering Leeds fans think they belong in the top 6 despite being MIA for 15 years. At least have some dignity and class like Sunderland fans.

Some bum turning tricks in the local park.
Uh... sure. Considering Leeds fans think they belong in the top 6 despite being MIA for 15 years. At least have some dignity and class like Sunderland fans.
loves to big note in one thread how historically great but currently s**t Carlton are bigger and better than Geelong (and by extension everyone bar Essendon). I.e history is important but also tries to big note the historically small and currently s**t Leeds despite Spurs and Everton having historically far more trophies...

Flip flops a lot does old mate Fudd... err Judd.

Common ground is great. Can we both agree Matera92 is a useless pustule of society. I think we can, we should, we must.

WGwRYRn.gif

Did I ever say that or any other Leeds fan here ?

You went to the Piers Morgan school of distorting facts to fit their own agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back