SA TIMES:
1617680512379.png

1617680552253.png

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's probably a good thing that Leeds' trip to Etihad clashes with Carlton taking on Gold Coast at Metricon. By the time Carlton's game finishes, I fear we will be at least 2 goals down already to a rampaging City keen to wrap the league up ASAP.

Spurs v Utd looks like the pick of the fixtures, meltdowns ensured either way 👍👍👍

Burnley vs Newcastle also has huge ramifications at stake.

Fulham definitley have a winnable game at home to a slumping Wolves. Cannot see them staying up if don't get all 3 points at the Cottage.

West Ham v Leicester also looks like a ripper.

All in all, I would say this is a decent and intriguing round of fixtures, but geez go easy on us Citeh 🙁

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I would hope we can get back to winning ways against Sheffield.

With Arteta at the helm, one can't predict what sort of performance we'll put in. As long as there's a good result vs SP, I'm not really bothered; pride is all there's to play for in the Prem now.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Done his hammy again?
Yeah apparently, may not be as bad as ones in the past but he could be out for at least a month minimum, will learn more next 24 hours.

Unfortunately you just can't rely on him, we had Haller as our striker for 3 months, Bowen probably plays up front now.

Think we sign 2 strikers in the off-season though, probably Tonev and Adam Armstrong if I had to guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah apparently, may not be as bad as ones in the past but he could be out for at least a month minimum, will learn more next 24 hours.

Unfortunately you just can't rely on him, we had Haller as our striker for 3 months, Bowen probably plays up front now.

Think we sign 2 strikers in the off-season though, probably Tonev and Adam Armstrong if I had to guess.
It feels like this is the same scenario as Leicester with Vardy and Soton with Ings. Just constant niggles that will keep re-occurring.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
It feels like this is the same scenario as Leicester with Vardy and Soton with Ings. Just constant niggles that will keep re-occurring.
Pretty much, problem is also that every team plays with 1 striker only nowadays and it's hard to sign a quality backup and keep them happy.

Feel for Antonio though, soon as he went off against Wolves we weren't the same threat going forward. Don't have anyone else with his pace and power who can hold the ball up really.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Pretty much, problem is also that every team plays with 1 striker only nowadays and it's hard to sign a quality backup and keep them happy.

Feel for Antonio though, soon as he went off against Wolves we weren't the same threat going forward. Don't have anyone else with his pace and power who can hold the ball up really.
Lingardinho is on fire, you'll be fine.

moomba What do you think your starting line up will be tomorrow night?
Pretty sure we'll rotate. But I've long given up predicting Pep lineups. Think Dias needs a game off after being monstered by Haaland. Aguero might get a start, be surprised if Sterling won't play.

But it really is guesswork at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back