EPL Matchday 32 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

City’s squad bats deep enough to challenge on multiple fronts, I doubt they are prioritising one trophy over the other. They’d be gunning for all of them. Same with Liverpool.

Ah so you didn't watch the game then all good. City ran Liverpool ragged an could have scored 6. Liverpool converted 2 of their only 3 chances. Quality finishing but embarassing if you think Liverpool weren't blown off the park.

PMSL. Thats why their XG was only 1.32. Liverpool created more big chances (3 to 2) and City first goal was a fortunate deflection.

How much xG do you get for chances you just miss getting your boot to? City seemed to have a few of those.
Are you expecting objectivity from Zidane? In 10 years has defended every decision Liverpool has received or not had given against them as correct. I’ve given up 😆

How much xG do you get for chances you just miss getting your boot to? City seemed to have a few of those.
Dunno but I bet the Mahrez chance at the end was low XG because it was outside the box but it was a massive chance. Allison was so far off his line and Mahrez blew it.
Sterling's goal marginally offside, sterling just missing his boot. KDB and Mahrez both hitting the post etc etc. Can't honestly have watched that game and not thought city ran it.

Dunno but I bet the Mahrez chance at the end was low XG because it was outside the box but it was a massive chance. Allison was so far off his line and Mahrez blew it.
Sterling's goal marginally offside, sterling just missing his boot. KDB and Mahrez both hitting the post etc etc. Can't honestly have watched that game and not thought city ran it.
Sterlings shot at the start was probably low XG given he was 17 yards out. I mean it should be low XG any way because it's Raheem Sterling against Liverpool

When Tottenham had a higher xG than Liverpool:

XG is a pointless stat. It counts the chance Harry Kane had which went wide despite Sissoko playing basketball with it, playing it to Harry Kane who also handled and was offside but still managed to miss because the play concluded and a goal kick was awarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you actually watch the game? Real question.
Because city dominated Liverpool completely in the first half.

As did Liverpool for the first 20 minutes of the second half. This is not surprising, a home team having a crack. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Liverpool created the better chances for the match. Overall it was an even match which is born out in the stats (55-45% possesion, 5 to 4 shots on target, 2 to 3 big chances created.

As did Liverpool for the first 20 minutes of the second half. This is not surprising, a home team having a crack. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Liverpool created the better chances for the match. Overall it was an even match which is born out in the stats (55-45% possesion, 5 to 4 shots on target, 2 to 3 big chances created.

I don't even care to debate this lol I'm a neutral don't care about either side. City wiped the floor with Liverpool for most of the game. 2 high quality chances created doesn't change the general game which city completely controlled.

lol what. Zidane, please just stop. Even Klopp knows they got lucky

I don't even care to debate this lol I'm a neutral don't care about either side. City wiped the floor with Liverpool for most of the game. 2 high quality chances created doesn't change the general game which city completely controlled.

xG seems to used by people who haven't watched a game. I'm happy to trust my eyes. City dominated in the first half and could have been 4-1 up at half time. The second half was about even in the play and chances. The ref was kind to Liverpool with the cautions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back