EPL Matchday 33

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I think Liverpool are now in the box seat. Look st their last five games - should be a piece of cake. I don’t fancy Chelsea at Anfield and Wolves on the last day, will be in the cup final and focussing on that. City’s run-in on the other hand is tough, very tough. To take the title they will have to win every one of those games and I don’t see that happening at all
Wolves potentially playing for a Europa league spot in the last game?

CFC_JP

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think the win over us and the victory tonight has put them as favourites. I thought one of those two matches they would drop points, but like a machine they keep going. They should start dusting off their trophy cabinet
From your lips to gods ears

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
According to the betting agencies, Liverpool are a 1.57 chance of beating Chelsea. Let’s assume they are $1.20 chances for the remainder of there other games. That means they are a 1 in 3.5 chance of going through undefeated from here. Even if they got through the Chelsea game they would still be a 1 in 2 chance of dropping points amongst the other 4 games.

I’d imagine City’s odd would be similar to go through undefeated from here.

There will be dropped points somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Yes, if the winner is already qualified for Europe
Has this changed for this season as from what I can find it simply goes to the next best qualified league team rather than the loser of the Cup.

This likely helps Wolves anyway but there is still a chance they may need something cone the final day

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Does the FA cup runner up get in?
Runner up no longer gets a place in Europa if the winner is playing CL.

I wonder what happens to EL qualification if 5th wins the CL (possibly Spurs or Utd) and 6th wins EL (Chelsea - a good chance of happening) and the FA Cup is won by Brighton with Wolves finishing 7th.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Expect we'll drop points in at least one match. Liverpool's draw is easier, but I think if they win the lot they'll win the title.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Runner up no longer gets a place in Europa if the winner is playing CL.

I wonder what happens to EL qualification if 5th wins the CL (possibly Spurs or Utd) and 6th wins EL (Chelsea - a good chance of happening) and the FA Cup is won by Brighton with Wolves finishing 7th.
4th place goes to Europa
Brighton go to Europa
7th (wolves) go to Europa

Fwoy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Has this changed for this season as from what I can find it simply goes to the next best qualified league team rather than the loser of the Cup.

This likely helps Wolves anyway but there is still a chance they may need something cone the final day
I guess I’m wrong. Maybe it changed...was it Stoke that got Europe as runner up in FA Cup a few years back?

Top Bottom