EPL Matchday 33

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No chance, chelsea have been piss poor this season
Wolves are a bigger chance than Chelsea, but like I said providing they best Watford tomorrow they’ll be focussing on the cup final. It’s just all falling into place for Liverpool, but they say you need good fortune as well to win the league

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I think Liverpool are now in the box seat. Look st their last five games - should be a piece of cake. I don’t fancy Chelsea at Anfield and Wolves on the last day, will be in the cup final and focussing on that. City’s run-in on the other hand is tough, very tough. To take the title they will have to win every one of those games and I don’t see that happening at all
Wolves potentially playing for a Europa league spot in the last game?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Until City actually drop points you have to have them as favourites. No one has got near them of late
They’re not winning all those six, I’ll put a bet up on that.

If Wolves win their semi they’ll be in the EL because surely City beat Brighton

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
According to the betting agencies, Liverpool are a 1.57 chance of beating Chelsea. Let’s assume they are $1.20 chances for the remainder of there other games. That means they are a 1 in 3.5 chance of going through undefeated from here. Even if they got through the Chelsea game they would still be a 1 in 2 chance of dropping points amongst the other 4 games.

I’d imagine City’s odd would be similar to go through undefeated from here.

There will be dropped points somewhere

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Yes, if the winner is already qualified for Europe
Has this changed for this season as from what I can find it simply goes to the next best qualified league team rather than the loser of the Cup.

This likely helps Wolves anyway but there is still a chance they may need something cone the final day

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Does the FA cup runner up get in?

Runner up no longer gets a place in Europa if the winner is playing CL.

I wonder what happens to EL qualification if 5th wins the CL (possibly Spurs or Utd) and 6th wins EL (Chelsea - a good chance of happening) and the FA Cup is won by Brighton with Wolves finishing 7th.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Runner up no longer gets a place in Europa if the winner is playing CL.

I wonder what happens to EL qualification if 5th wins the CL (possibly Spurs or Utd) and 6th wins EL (Chelsea - a good chance of happening) and the FA Cup is won by Brighton with Wolves finishing 7th.
4th place goes to Europa
Brighton go to Europa
7th (wolves) go to Europa

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Has this changed for this season as from what I can find it simply goes to the next best qualified league team rather than the loser of the Cup.

This likely helps Wolves anyway but there is still a chance they may need something cone the final day

I guess I’m wrong. Maybe it changed...was it Stoke that got Europe as runner up in FA Cup a few years back?

Back