EPL Matchday 33

Remove this Banner Ad

He dragged his foot to increase the chance of contact but then he got clearly taken out. You can't get a ban for getting your legs taken out even if you do leave your foot there to make sure.

Yep, pretty obvious late tackle by the defender. 100% certain there would be all sorts of complaints if a Liverpool defender got away with that.

I’m happy with the refs decision because Keita’s last touch before the contact was defining.

Agree on this, the ball was going to the keeper by the time Keita was cleaned up. Didnt bother me too much although there are some referees that will pay every foul as long as the ball is in play.

I feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust in the next month or 2.
Winning a big one after such a long time is always the biggest hurdle. I’m not sure I’d be holding up well if I was a Liverpool fan. Be a lot less stressed if I were a City fan though I’d guess considering their trophy haul of late

Pretty solid win.

Ruben's come on quite nicely, much more than I thought he would at the start of the season. chef, looks like your faith in the guy paid off!

The problem is that he appears to be a midfield Solskjaer - you can back him to grab a late goal but not to play for 90 minutes, lest he get injured. Clearly needs conditioning/recovery work in that sense.

CHO has finally shown that, if you give him a start against middling PL opposition, he can not only grab a goal but that he can also play 90 minutes. I expected him to be rested substantially for the next game. This may not have been the case earlier in the season mind, when many people were asking that he play more.

Jorginho played well, albeit because Brighton didn't press him properly.

RLC has been a beacon for our academy, no complaints and just put his head down and worked his arse off to win a spot. I love him. Hes such a beast and reminds me a bit of Yaya, not saying hes going to be as good(who knows though) but hes just unstoppable when moving around and has fantastic skills for such a big man.

Should be our next captain imo. I just hope his back holdsup, only thing stopping him from owning a spot.

RLC has been a beacon for our academy, no complaints and just put his head down and worked his arse off to win a spot. I love him. Hes such a beast and reminds me a bit of Yaya, not saying hes going to be as good(who knows though) but hes just unstoppable when moving around and has fantastic skills for such a big man.

Should be our next captain imo. I just hope his back holdsup, only thing stopping him from owning a spot.
Does RLC strike you as a leader type? Seems a bit too passive for mine. He comes across as really shy in interviews and on the field he can really lack vibrancy at times. I love him and reckon he’s a talent, but I just can’t see him being our captain.

Does RLC strike you as a leader type? Seems a bit too passive for mine. He comes across as really shy in interviews and on the field he can really lack vibrancy at times. I love him and reckon he’s a talent, but I just can’t see him being our captain.
Listening to him talk, hearing how hard he trains/looks after his body and watching/hearing how much it means to him to play for us yeah I'd be happy for him to be our next captain after Dave. He really gives a s**t about our club and seems like a real leader already.

Would be great for the other academy kids to see too. Someone to strive to be like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a matter of time before Newcastle score, we are shocking today...

You were right Milang. Yep we were getting pumped, yep we couldn't get the ball, yep when we did we couldn't hold it..........but we've got Wilf.

Absolute steal, haven't won up there in over 20 years and nice to put the last lingering doubts of relegation behind us. Just about the earliest we have saved our PL spot since we came back up?

Think it might be a big summer for us, Wilf wan-Bassaka, Meyer, Benteke, Batshuayi and Dann might all be on the move.

Now get the new stand built.

He creates the contact, starts going down after his heavy touch on the ball looking for a pen. but won't get rubbed out because of it, good officiating by the ref.

The contact was created by the defenders late tackle who got nowhere near the ball. Not the job of the attacker to jump over it. Lucky to get away with it, only a poor touch convinced the referee to not award a foul. Absolutely not a dive and Soton got lucky with no pen being awarded.

You were right Milang. Yep we were getting pumped, yep we couldn't get the ball, yep when we did we couldn't hold it..........but we've got Wilf.

Absolute steal, haven't won up there in over 20 years and nice to put the last lingering doubts of relegation behind us. Just about the earliest we have saved our PL spot since we came back up?

Think it might be a big summer for us, Wilf wan-Bassaka, Meyer, Benteke, Batshuayi and Dann might all be on the move.

Now get the new stand built.
Yeah it might be the earliest we've saved ourselves actually, although technically not safe until it's mathematically impossible in my book.
Hopefully we can hold onto some of those boys and get that new stand going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back