EPL Matchday 33

Remove this Banner Ad

Games in SA times.
Untitled.jpg

1593726589685.png

Last edited:

Mourinho out.

That was another putrid Spurs performance.
Players got a manager sacked months after a CL Final. Jose hasn’t had the chance to remove any of them.

Think the smoking gun are the 25 overpaid saps

Players got a manager sacked months after a CL Final. Jose hasn’t had the chance to remove any of them.

As entertaining a character as Mourinho is, I miss Poch as well. I wonder when he'll be back?

As entertaining a character as Mourinho is, I miss Poch as well. I wonder when he'll be back?

Would be very harsh if he were to replace Bruce at Newcastle, Bruce is doing a fantastic job, as I've long said he would do if given a reasonable budget at a decent sized club.

Would be very harsh if he were to replace Bruce at Newcastle, Bruce is doing a fantastic job, as I've long said he would do if given a reasonable budget at a decent sized club.

So is this huge takeover of Newcastle going to happen you reckon? I saw Bruce trying to recruit KDB the other day haha.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

So 12 months ago we were good enough to get to a CL Final.

Now we have the self-appointed "chosen one" and we play like that? He's had them for months. He didn't just show up yesterday FFS. The big question is, have we improved? No, we haven't and you want to give the guy a pass?

Not only have we not improved, we play the most turgid brand of crap since AVB, who by no coincidence is a Mourniho disciple. Football moved past Mourinho and his style of play years ago. We are no more than a superannuation fund for the guy. He's been worked out by virtually any half-decent manager in the game.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Soon lol Pochs son just signed a contract with spurs if jose has another average season or even just half could see poch back sooner.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots

Now we have the self-appointed "chosen one" and we play like that? He's had them for months. He didn't just show up yesterday FFS. The big question is, have we improved? No, we haven't and you want to give the guy a pass?

Not only have we not improved, we play the most turgid brand of crap since AVB, who by no coincidence is a Mourniho disciple. Football moved past Mourinho and his style of play years ago. We are no more than a superannuation fund for the guy. He's been worked out by virtually any half-decent manager in the game.
Should never had got rid of poch still never saw the point in that.

Seems like managers can't have one off year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were, and we were also losing games at will in the league.

Not sure what relevance it has to the comment made.
Simple yes or no answer. Did anything I say actually state I’d given him a pass?

IMV the problem lays with the players. Some need to go and no question Jose is still having to play guys he doesn’t want. Not sure how that is such a controversial revelation or how his record and monikers become relevant.
We had expansive football and it ended in tears with a manager conspiring to get himself sacked from a club where everyone seemed to love him.

Some hole that Mauricio dug for Jose to pull us out of.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
We were, and we were also losing games at will in the league.

Not sure what relevance it has to the comment made.

Simple yes or no answer. Did anything I say actually state I’d given him a pass?

IMV the problem lays with the players. Some need to go and no question Jose is still having to play guys he doesn’t want. Not sure how that is such a controversial revelation or how his record and monikers become relevant.

We had expansive football and it ended in tears with a manager conspiring to get himself sacked from a club where everyone seemed to love him.

Some hole that Mauricio dug for Jose to pull us out of.

We've won 1 of our last 9.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
He's done better recently than the rest of the season. Newcastle was surviving on a goalkeeper for the first half of the season and rarely got above 40% possession and a few shots on goal. He's also had reasonable budgets and done the same thing.. decent first season but spent poorly, followed up by a sacking.

He's done better recently than the rest of the season. Newcastle was surviving on a goalkeeper for the first half of the season and rarely got above 40% possession and a few shots on goal. He's also had reasonable budgets and done the same thing.. decent first season but spent poorly, followed up by a sacking.

Like at Villa where he took them to a Play Off final in the second season? Or us where we made an FA Cup Final?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Like at Villa where he took them to a Play Off final in the second season? Or us where we made an FA Cup Final?
And what else did he do? He's a bog average manager who actually costs his owners more than he's worth. Countless players he's signed only to sell them a year or two later for less than what he paid. He was abysmal with a large budget at Sunderland. He's been abysmal bar 3 games this season. Newcastle at the season hiatus were last on expected points and had Dubravka to thank for that.

We've won 1 of our last 9.
This could end up like SRP where we each cherry pick stats to highlight our view.

We were 14th when he came in. We had 14 points in 12 matches. Were 6 off relegation and 11 off UCL.

Even after today’s pissweak performance we’re 8th. 9 off UCL and 18 off relegation.

We were 23/30 under Jose with Kane and Son before the break. Now are 4/9 afterwards. Overall 27/39 which is a better formline than what we had under Poch for 2019.

So yeah the football is s**t to watch and we’re still weak in defence and midfield but IMV we would be lower on the table had Pochettino stayed. Jose needs some windows to assess, adjust and improve. Tad unfair to call for his head this season, it was a write off as soon as he was needed to come in.

Dire position to be in tbh.
Skint with debts, in need of upgrades in a few spots. Covid will hit us harder than most in the division

And what else did he do? He's a bog average manager who actually costs his owners more than he's worth. Countless players he's signed only to sell them a year or two later for less than what he paid. He was abysmal with a large budget at Sunderland. He's been abysmal bar 3 games this season. Newcastle at the season hiatus were last on expected points and had Dubravka to thank for that.
Well he also got us promoted to the PL a second time..

We made a collective profit on all of his signings.

Elephant Man is a bottom 5, top 10 in the championship type manager.

He'll do a job for a club that doesn't expect much. Might even pull a good season out of his arse every now and then.

But he's not worth much more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back