Untitled1.jpg

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Really looking forward to our game against Pool. I think we’ll be up for it.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pressure on City if Liverpool beat Chelsea. This is the last game Liverpool could conceivably drop points in.

Pressure on City if Liverpool beat Chelsea. This is the last game Liverpool could conceivably drop points in.
It"s pretty hard to win 9 straight, and logic says that they'll drop points somewhere along the line.

But like you, I can only see a Liverpool win in their last four. So if they beat Chelsea we'll have to go perfect. Which I can't see us doing.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It"s pretty hard to win 9 straight, and logic says that they'll drop points somewhere along the line.

But like you, I can only see a Liverpool win in their last four. So if they beat Chelsea we'll have to go perfect. Which I can't see us doing.

I’m trying to recall the 2012 run in, how many games did City win a row to win the title? From memory was it 5? I recall United being approx 8 points ahead with 5 matches to play.

I’m trying to recall the 2012 run in, how many games did City win a row to win the title? From memory was it 5? I recall United being approx 8 points ahead with 5 matches to play.
6 in a row to finish 11/12 and 5 in a row to finish 13/14.

Were out of the champions League by that stage in both seasons which I think will be a big difference this time around. Already on a 8 game streak in the league too, and while that shouldn't make a difference in any particular game only three or four sides (including us to be fair) have won 14 in a row before.

Not if your on the #anyonebutLiverpool train
Do you even care if Spurs make the top 4? Wishing for any of Chelsea/Arsenal/Man United to get points should be the last thing you want.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
6 in a row to finish 11/12 and 5 in a row to finish 13/14.

Were out of the champions League by that stage in both seasons which I think will be a big difference this time around. Already on a 8 game streak in the league too, and while that shouldn't make a difference in any particular game only three or four sides (including us to be fair) have won 14 in a row before.

Thanks, and yes valid point about being out of the champions league in those season. I’d overlooked that. Your squad depth now however is as good as its ever been.

Arsenal won the 13 straight in 2002 to win the title, but otherwise yes it’s a very rare feat.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That’s my thinking, but I suppose football is football and nothing is cast iron. I think we let you down the other week. We really should have won that game against Liverpool. You got a second hand dose of being Spursy!

That’s my thinking, but I suppose football is football and nothing is cast iron. I think we let you down the other week. We really should have won that game against Liverpool. You got a second hand dose of being Spursy!
Ewww. ;)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Do you even care if Spurs make the top 4? Wishing for any of Chelsea/Arsenal/Man United to get points should be the last thing you want.
Think Chelsea are most likely to finish top 4. Can see the other 2 dropping plenty of points in the run home

Back