WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
:cool:

Not yet mate!
I certainly got that wrong. Like I said during the match, Liverpool just don’t look like bottling it. There is a different feel about you this time. Massively impressive three wins against us, Southampton and Chelsea, your three trickiest matches in the run-in. City now have their tough matches coming up (got over the first hurdle today mind you) and you’ll just have to pray it’s they who slip up this time

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chef has just posted his after match thoughts before he popped off to work. Rumour has it he still asking “where that extra edge” is (1:37)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Brilliant performance against a very good Chelsea side. Huge win in the context of this title race.

Pressure goes up a few notches for City now, 3 critical games against high quality opposition within the space of a week.

5792D806-7A12-40D6-946E-16BB44324ACD.png

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Liverpool too good. We approached the game too defensively and only Hazard looked like scoring. In saying that glad Sarri persisted with Emerson, RLC and CHO but we should have gone with a proper striker up top.

Impressed by Liverpool. Thought they would be cagey and nervous but they looked very confident and assured all game. Their last four opponents will have a major challenge taking any points off them.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Ha. He’s got that Vieira thing going where in real time it looks like he’s absolutely steamrollered his opponent, then you check the replay and his Go-Go Gadget Legs have somehow managed to poke the ball away first.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Once you reach the PL you realise it's nothing special.

I get that you prefer to see your team win more often and that’s going to be more likely in the championship than the PL, but beyond that I can’t really understand what you’re saying. 99.9% of fans want their teams to progress as much as possible. It’s not imperative that they do, but it’s kind of what fans are all in it for at the end of the day.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I get that you prefer to see your team win more often and that’s going to be more likely in the championship than the PL, but beyond that I can’t really understand what you’re saying. 99.9% of fans want their teams to progress as much as possible. It’s not imperative that they do, but it’s kind of what fans are all in it for at the end of the day.

Fans are in it to enjoy football, it is after all entertainment. Boring football and listening to the super rich clubs fans bleat on about some mega priced signing while having their dick measuring contests isn't exactly riveting stuff.

I enjoyed the title runs in the lower leagues far more than the PL has ever offered in terms of fun anyway.

Back