EPL Matchday 34

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Been protesting for years, it sort of peaked around 2010/11 with the green & gold. The takeover in 2005 wasn’t well received by United fans back then, haven’t been happy at all with the Glazers, and the ESL was the tipping point. Arsenal & L’Pool fans feel the same way about their owners.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Great to see Mickey and Cressa back. Thought it was the best I've seen Lanzini play. Hammers should have killed the game with another goal but they got the 3 points to take them back above Spuds.

Apparently Declan isn't far off.

We played Lanzini as a DM when we first signed him. It worked against Burnley because they play 4-4-2, don't think you can do it against a 4-2-3-1 though.

If Rice is back he'll come in for Lanzini I'd presume. Could drop Diop and go back to a 4 also.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
We played Lanzini as a DM when we first signed him. It worked against Burnley because they play 4-4-2, don't think you can do it against a 4-2-3-1 though.

If Rice is back he'll come in for Lanzini I'd presume. Could drop Diop and go back to a 4 also.

I don't think Lanzini is suited to DM. He's a shortarse and not a great tackler. More of a deep playmaker making short passes to retain possession and move up the field.

I'd like to see 4 3 3 with a midfield of Rice, Soucek and Lanzini feeding Lingard, Antonio and Bowen.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Protest all they want, why would the Glazers sell? Ditto Kronke at Arsenal.

They make too much money/profit owning those club's, only way they will go is if the FA force them out (which they won't)

Also Man Utd spent more more on players in the last couple of years than City or Chelsea I believe, blaming the Glazers for the Mancs being under achieving plodders since Whisky Face retired is such a cop out.

Protest all they want, why would the Glazers sell? Ditto Kronke at Arsenal.

They make too much money/profit owning those club's, only way they will go is if the FA force them out (which they won't)

Also Man Utd spent more more on players in the last couple of years than City or Chelsea I believe, blaming the Glazers for the Mancs being under achieving plodders since Whisky Face retired is such a cop out.

I don't think you actually understand the issue. It's not about spending, it's about what they have taken out of the club, it's one billion and counting whilst still keeping the club in debt. They use United purely as a cash-cow.

The ESL was the final straw, and they rightfully protested it at a moment where the whole world was awaiting one of the games biggest fixtures.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don't think you actually understand the issue. It's not about spending, it's about what they have taken out of the club, it's one billion and counting whilst still keeping the club in debt. They use United purely as a cash-cow.

The ESL was the final straw, and they rightfully protested it at a moment where the whole world was awaiting one of the games biggest fixtures.

Probably right, but as I say, the Glazers seemingly have no intention of selling (from all reports)

And not saying there were wrong to protest, but doing it inside the stadium and damaging parts of it was a pretty stupid idea.

Fans will never boycott attending games of buying season tickets (once crowds are let back into games) nor stop buying merchandise/kits.

That would be the strongest message to send to the Glazers to sell up, and such you (and Arsenal) are stuck in a vicious circle.

It would take a Donald Sterling LA Clippers type scandal for the FA to declare the.Glazers unfit owners and force them to sell up.

No offence mate, but I remember MUFC fans laughing when we went into administration under Bates, and many wishing or hoping Leeds fold/went the way of Wimbledon or Bury. So I have no symapthy at whatsover for Man Ure Fans. Frankly i hope they still run MUFC 20 years from now.

Don't expect me to have any sympathy.

GLORY GLORY
GLAZERS UNITED ❤❤❤❤

Probably right, but as I say, the Glazers seemingly have no intention of selling (from all reports)

And not saying there were wrong to protest, but doing it inside the stadium and damaging parts of it was a pretty stupid idea.

Fans will never boycott attending games of buying season tickets (once crowds are let back into games) nor stop buying merchandise/kits.

That would be the strongest message to send to the Glazers to sell up, and such you (and Arsenal) are stuck in a vicious circle.

It would take a Donald Sterling LA Clippers type scandal for the FA to declare the.Glazers unfit owners and force them to sell up.

No offence mate, but I remember MUFC fans laughing when we went into administration under Bates, and many wishing or hoping Leeds fold/went the way of Wimbledon or Bury. So I have no symapthy at whatsover for Man Ure Fans. Frankly i hope they still run MUFC 20 years from now.

Don't expect me to have any sympathy.

GLORY GLORY
GLAZERS UNITED ❤❤❤❤

Don't tarnish the whole for the actions of a few, most of the protesters did so peacefully. The others that broke the law are simply idiots.
And I agree, I can't see the Glazers selling because they still make money from the club, fans would need to hit them where it hurts the most and that would be boycotting games, not buying season passes, merchandise etc etc.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Don't tarnish the whole for the actions of a few, most of the protesters did so peacefully. The others that broke the law are simply idiots.
And I agree, I can't see the Glazers selling because they still make money from the club, fans would need to hit them where it hurts the most and that would be boycotting games, not buying season passes, merchandise etc etc.

Would the Glazers move on if they received an offer well above market value? Only problem is that would come from somebody like the Saudi royal family who simply should not be let anywhere near a football club (probably why they were denied the right to purchase NUFC).

Would the Glazers move on if they received an offer well above market value? Only problem is that would come from somebody like the Saudi royal family who simply should not be let anywhere near a football club (probably why they were denied the right to purchase NUFC).
They are greedy so possibly but they won't sell for market or under market.

In a normal scenario of course this is the case.

The fact that Man U & Liverpool fans are indifferent to the fixture speaks volumes about the state of football this season.

Even more amusing is a Man City fan being more enthusiastic about rescheduling the fixture than the fans of both clubs involved.

I heard Gallagher had a spectacular melt about it on social media.
It says an awful lot about you that you find it amusing that a football supporter thinks results should be based on an actual game, and not made up because it's inconvenient to play.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Do people realise that staff let the protesters into the ground. They ******* hate the Glazers too.

May 16th is the next protest apparently. Give Liverpool the 3 points for all I care. I hope the game is rescheduled and the fans protest again forcing another postponement. Peaceful protests don't work. This is the only option left really.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Do people realise that staff let the protesters into the ground. They ******* hate the Glazers too.

May 16th is the next protest apparently. Give Liverpool the 3 points for all I care. I hope the game is rescheduled and the fans protest again forcing another postponement. Peaceful protests don't work. This is the only option left really.

I just seen those videos, crazy stuff.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Well if it works in the end (forcing the Glazers to sell) fine, the rest of the league shouldn't be put on hold because one group of supporters is angry with their current ownership.

The danger is The FA getting fed up of the antics of the protestors invading Old Trafford and docking Man U of enough points to disqualify The Red Devils for Champions League next season.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but that remains a possibility.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I just seen those videos, crazy stuff.
Everyone hates then mate and with Woody leaving the spotlight will fall more on them. One of the US supporter groups is setting up protests at Tampa Bay games. Hopefully this raises the profile of the issue over there.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Well if it works in the end (forcing the Glazers to sell) fine, the rest of the league shouldn't be put on hold because one group of supporters is angry with their current ownership.

The danger is The FA getting fed up of the antics of the protestors invading Old Trafford and docking Man U of enough points to disqualify The Red Devils for Champions League next season.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but that remains a possibility.
Couldn't care less, neither could the fans.

And 4 clubs out of the 6 want their owners out, we are just most vocal about it.

Everyone hates then mate and with Woody leaving the spotlight will fall more on them. One of the US supporter groups is setting up protests at Tampa Bay games. Hopefully this raises the profile of the issue over there.

They won't give a s**t mate, would be a brave set of United supporters to do so outside of the Buccs HQ, might get some push back from Buccs fans.

End of the day these fans need to not renew season tickets, don't buy the shirts, that kind of stuff will be more noticeable.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Yeah they are pretty bad.

What's the structure of their line of credit? When does it have to be settled by?

I guess a Hicks / Gillett situation won't happen with finance pretty easy for them to obtain these days, it's guaranteed money.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
They won't give a sh*t mate, would be a brave set of United supporters to do so outside of the Buccs HQ, might get some push back from Buccs fans.

End of the day these fans need to not renew season tickets, don't buy the shirts, that kind of stuff will be more noticeable.
That's the hope

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeah they are pretty bad.

What's the structure of their line of credit? When does it have to be settled by?

I guess a Hicks / Gillett situation won't happen with finance pretty easy for them to obtain these days, it's guaranteed money.
No Hicks and Gillette situation. Not sure on the line of credit.

Back