EPL Matchday 35

Remove this Banner Ad

Once VAR and the new handball rule come in the odds for over 2.5 goals will drop massively. A pretty clean game just then would have had 2 penalties given!

Blame Oliver for bottling that penalty. If not Oliver then Eddison pulled off enough stops to give City the points. Don’t think we could have done a lot more

Most importantly it wasn't an easy ride for City. Think getting 3 points could be difficult for them if Utd win against Everton tomorrow. If Utd dont win tomorrow I can see them going into the derby dejected though.

Oliver just didn't want to make that call that denies City the title. Delle Alli was furious about it and was remonstrating with him ages after the incident. They are due some bad luck with refs shortly.

I think we’re only a couple of players short of being able to slug it out with city and Liverpool next season. Definitely need improvement in the middle and probably one maybe two full backs. Problem is we’re gonna probably have to replace Alderweireld and Eriksen too.

And Alderweireld’s handball. Reckon it’d pay the one against walker and the Alderweireld handball. The replays of the JV tackle make it look less like a pen than first view
IMO Vertonghen's tackle should have been a pen. Got the ball, but had to go through the player to do it, and as far as I'm aware, that should make it a foul. I also don't think Walker's was a pen, so it might not have helped us today imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if those get paid as handballs we're going to have a lot of players scoring double figures in pens

Raised arm and cleared it for a corner when Alli had turned him. Its absolutely a pen if VAR looks at it. And no there wouldn't be double figures because that rarely happens.

You’re the one person I’d feel sorry if ya miss out...
I know my fellow spurs brothers don’t exactly help make us a popular team around these parts. Still, they’re an upgrade on Grandblue

I think we’re only a couple of players short of being able to slug it out with city and Liverpool next season. Definitely need improvement in the middle and probably one maybe two full backs. Problem is we’re gonna probably have to replace Alderweireld and Eriksen too.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. We're not far away at all if we can actually keep our squad fit, and if we get some investment this off-season, AND if we can keep the two you mentioned. Not holding my breath on any of those things though.

Raised arm and cleared it for a corner when Alli had turned him. Its absolutely a pen if VAR looks at it. And no there wouldn't be double figures because that rarely happens.
I didn't think it was a raised arm. To me it was just a normal swing of his arm in his running gait.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. We're not far away at all if we can actually keep our squad fit, and if we get some investment this off-season, AND if we can keep the two you mentioned. Not holding my breath on any of those things though.
We weren’t that far away 24 months ago when we started not upgrading our squad

I didn't think it was a raised arm. To me it was just a normal swing of his arm in his running gait.

Kyle Walker isn’t smart enough to be doing that deliberately and hiding it that well. If he wanted to deliberately swat it away it would have been a volleyball spike

We weren’t that far away 24 months ago when we started not upgrading our squad
Yeah, that year Chelsea won it was our big chance. I mean, I know it had to happen, but it's actually unfortunate that the scheduled upgrade to WHL had to happen when it did. We we're fantastic that season, and it's believable that we could have maintained that last year if we had have spent the year at WHL rather than Wembley, but perhaps City would still have been too good.

Yeah, that year Chelsea won it was our big chance. I mean, I know it had to happen, but it's actually unfortunate that the scheduled upgrade to WHL had to happen when it did. We we're fantastic that season, and it's believable that we could have maintained that last year if we had have spent the year at WHL rather than Wembley, but perhaps City would still have been too good.
You’d think 17/18 could have been the year had we not had to move to Wembley, but City hitting 100 points meant even had we remained at the Lane the title would have been out of reach again

Yeah I don’t think we’d have caught City last year or this year. But we could/should have been closer to the top couple than 5-6th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back