kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I’ll remember that when we beat ya then hahaha
Actually, just on this, can you actually imagine if it was a Spurs-Liverpool final? I mean, holy *, this place could quite literally self-combust. It would make MD36 look like a mere spark next to that Chernobyl-grade meltdown for whoever loses.

Bloody hell that was tense.

Was convinced Spurs we're going to get one, how we kept a clean sheet with some of the really good chances Spurs created is beyond me.

Thought Ederson was great, but Bernardo was amazing for us.

4 cup finals to go before actual cup final.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
You’d think 17/18 could have been the year had we not had to move to Wembley, but City hitting 100 points meant even had we remained at the Lane the title would have been out of reach again
Yeah I don’t think we’d have caught City last year or this year. But we could/should have been closer to the top couple than 5-6th
Yeah, probably not. This City squad is actually ******* ridiculous. I mean, we all don't want Liverpool to win and all that, but it's actually incredible they're doing this well to keep up with them. They've got an incredible manager and team in their own right.

As I said, the year Chelsea won it was the year of what could have been, but like City the last two years, they were just so good that season as well. We scored the most goals and conceded the least, and didn't lose a game for something like a three month stretch from January to March, or something stupid like that, and didn't lose a single home game all season. We would have been worthy champions that year, but Chelsea were on another level again and it just wasn't to be.

Who knows about next year as well. Maybe we will invest and refresh a bit which could help, and we'll have a full season back at the Lane. Who knows?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bloody hell that was tense.

Was convinced Spurs we're going to get one, how we kept a clean sheet with some of the really good chances Spurs created is beyond me.

Thought Ederson was great, but Bernardo was amazing for us.

4 cup finals to go before actual cup final.
Bernardo is an incredible footballer. His feet are lightening, but for someone who does have that bit of flair about him, he works his bollocks off too. An dyou're right about Ederson. He saved that one for you.

On another note, how long are the likes of Sane and Jesus going to be happy coming on the bench with the incredible quality ahead of them? Few rumblings in the last few days that Sane might be considering a move. Reckon there's any truth to that?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
B Silva was brilliant. To be fair Davies is a bit of a plodder though and isn’t up to dealing with players of that standard.

On the other hand Foyth really grew into the game. Sterling had him on a peice of string early doors but as the game wore on it evened out. Hopefully he continues to develop

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Yeah, probably not. This City squad is actually ******* ridiculous. I mean, we all don't want Liverpool to win and all that, but it's actually incredible they're doing this well to keep up with them. They've got an incredible manager and team in their own right.

As I said, the year Chelsea won it was the year of what could have been, but like City the last two years, they were just so good that season as well. We scored the most goals and conceded the least, and didn't lose a game for something like a three month stretch from January to March, or something stupid like that, and didn't lose a single home game all season. We would have been worthy champions that year, but Chelsea were on another level again and it just wasn't to be.

Who knows about next year as well. Maybe we will invest and refresh a bit which could help, and we'll have a full season back at the Lane. Who knows?
i think the biggest addition with pep is the mentality. we could score 198 points across 2 seasons. sure the squad is talented, but we've had talented squads before and it was never anything like this. usually if we lost a big game/got knocked out of something it would be a month of grind and wallowing in pity.

i thought last season was a once in a lifetime season. we could nearly back it up and still lose the title. insanity.

Bernardo is an incredible footballer. His feet are lightening, but for someone who does have that bit of flair about him, he works his bollocks off too. An dyou're right about Ederson. He saved that one for you.

On another note, how long are the likes of Sane and Jesus going to be happy coming on the bench with the incredible quality ahead of them? Few rumblings in the last few days that Sane might be considering a move. Reckon there's any truth to that?
Just gossip on Sane at this stage, but it looks like there is something wrong between him and Pep.

I'm convinced he'll score the goal of the century at some point, would rather he do it with us than someone else.

Not heard any rumours on Jesus but it wouldn't totally shock me. Brazilian number 9's don't tend to sit on a bench for half a season.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

Where to?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
i think the biggest addition with pep is the mentality. we could score 198 points across 2 seasons. sure the squad is talented, but we've had talented squads before and it was never anything like this. usually if we lost a big game/got knocked out of something it would be a month of grind and wallowing in pity.

i thought last season was a once in a lifetime season. we could nearly back it up and still lose the title. insanity.
Yeah, this title race is mad. Full credit to both teams tbh.

That mentality piece is the final hurdle for us to clear IMO. We still sometimes play like a team that doesn't believe that we belong in that top echelon of teams, although, and I might be biased, I think we've shown that we do belong there in the last three seasons. Getting over that hurdle has to come from the top as much as it does from the players. I mean, next season we will be playing a full season at what many have said is currently the best football stadium in Europe, and we'll be doing it as, at absolute worst, Champions League semi-finalists. it's about time that we not only accepted our status among that top tier of clubs, but owned it, became comfortable in it, and acted like we belong there, not just like we're happy to be there, if that makes sense. It's going to be a massive off-season for us.

Where to?
Well, I mean, what team wouldn't take him? It's a good question though. Maybe a return to Germany? Bayern could probably use another winger, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeah he’d be a popular target for sure. I thought you had heard specifics though
Nah, i think it was just reported that he and Jesus were disappointed with their game time in recent weeks and were considering requesting a move. Come to think of it, it might have been a S*n article so it's probably safe to disregard.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nah, i think it was just reported that he and Jesus were disappointed with their game time in recent weeks and were considering requesting a move. Come to think of it, it might have been a S*n article so it's probably safe to disregard.
he and the club have an impasse about extending his contract. but if a club wants to pony up a ridiculous amount of money for him, we'd probably listen. but this is a system which is built for players like him so he'd probably want to spend a while making the decision

Well that was the best chance for City to drop points and it didn’t happen.

I will not cheer for United at all as I have no belief that they will even get a draw.

Tearing down my Son posters as we speak.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Well that was the best chance for City to drop points and it didn’t happen.

I will not cheer for United at all as I have no belief that they will even get a draw.

Tearing down my Son posters as we speak.
cheers, son's crying nice one

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is the reason why VAR, despite some drawbacks, is overall a good thing. Next season you won’t be sitting there frustrated as hell. At least these decisions aren’t costing you some really meaningful matches, which is when it really bites

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
This is the reason why VAR, despite some drawbacks, is overall a good thing. Next season you won’t be sitting there frustrated as hell. At least these decisions aren’t costing you some really meaningful matches, which is when it really bites
We could be 7th atm if the 3 decisions I'm thinking of actually were made correctly.

I'm actually surprised they gave Perez's first goal considering how we've gone with the linesman this season....

Worth it if it means getting all of the offside decisions right imo.

Bring VAR in just for that.
Offsides is the sort of thing VAR should be used for imo.

The subjective decisions I think there's too much that can go wrong.

Back