EPL Matchday 35

Remove this Banner Ad

That video on the other page says otherwise re cheating, and he regularly whinges to the refs. I mean, he's hardly alone in that regard, but come on, he clearly does. The selfish thing is more a perception admittedly that I've got from him and I've seen other people talk about on the socials. Take the penalty thing with Milner in the Cardiff game for example.

As for the dictator thing, I don't really want to go over old ground because it was covered to death in the World Cup, but, at absolute best it was a taciut endorsement and a terrible look to be photographed with Kadyrov.

Agreed, it's complicated. And there would be a lot of pressure on him as one of the biggest poster boys of the Muslim world. I accept that. That doesn't necessarily excuse him, as I think you acknowledge in this post, but it is a grey area, absolutely.
I dont think people really understand what he is going through and the amount of pressure he would be under. Having everyone in your ear about what to say, who to be seen with, who to endorse, whos hand to shake, who not to be seen with. Not the mention how volatile the muslim world can be and he is under so much pressure to get it all right, all the time. When all he really wants to do is play football.

The guy is certainly not a campaigner. Always happy and smiling, I mean he even has built a project in his home town to help the people of his home town completely at his own cost. The project includes an Al-Azhar institute and an ambulance unit, both at about LE18 million or so.

I just think he's a superstar footballer, humble, super nice, under a bazillion microscopes and under untold pressure from the Muslim world and yeah he goes down easy. I feel for the bloke.

I dont think people really understand what he is going through and the amount of pressure he would be under. Having everyone in your ear about what to say, who to be seen with, who to endorse, whos hand to shake, who not to be seen with. Not the mention how volatile the muslim world can be and he is under so much pressure to get it all right, all the time. When all he really wants to do is play football.

The guy is certainly not a campaigner. Always happy and smiling, I mean he even has built a project in his home town to help the people of his home town completely at his own cost. The project includes an Al-Azhar institute and an ambulance unit, both at about LE18 million or so.

I just think he's a superstar footballer, humble, super nice, under a bazillion microscopes and under untold pressure from the Muslim world and yeah he goes down easy. I feel for the bloke.
I'm sure he uses his millions of dollars to wipe away his tears at night.

No you aren't. And the one time Salah was actually guilty of diving you'll find the entire Liverpool fan base on here called him out for it (vs Palace,)

Harry Kane dives much more than Salah has.
Don’t be daft. Salah is the king diver at the moment in the prem.

I will say though that the Cardiff dive was just about in limits as he was being fouled

I’m coping quite well. That can’t be said for some of my comrades on the Liverpool thread. I refuse to concede until hope is lost. Only then will there be a mourning process.
I'm not saying we should give up, keep winning and hope for a late spanner obviously.

I'm saying City are more likely to win now since they got past Spurs. I viewed that as the last real test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our squad is so thin we’ve brought on Janssen. No game is easy when you’ve got that absolute plodder as your only attacking option on the bench

Nah. Those teams that want to play negative football, deserve to be relegated.

Got what they deserved
Nothing better than seeing a team slow the game down for the whole game concede late and then try and hurry the game up in stoppage time

* me. I mean that was a bus and a half they parked, kind of deserved a point for it, but Jesus we need more adventurous teams in the prem. unlike the top two, we really make hard work breaking these teams down, that essentially for me where you see the difference.

Kind of hope Brighton stay up but I hope they bring more to the prem next season if they do

Nah. Those teams that want to play negative football, deserve to be relegated.

Got what they deserved
This isn’t an even league and it’s a sport that allows for that sort of tactic to work.

Sherwood having a go at Hughton’s tactics is laughable. Try and have a go and it’s negative. If he was manager they’d be like Fulham under Jokanovic conceding 3+

Wow! Came back from being out of phone signal for the last 6 days to see this result against Arsenal!

Would be good to be able to perform at home and see what really are capable of but happy to stay up for another season. Crazy that weve been up since 2013-2014 when we could never last more than 1 season before that!

Doctor Gero says he is an anti-semite. I am not familiar of the background regarding this though.
Now let's apply his criteria to people's views on Muslims or people of colour and see how things look. Nah, can't have that can we.
That video on the other page says otherwise re cheating, and he regularly whinges to the refs. I mean, he's hardly alone in that regard, but come on, he clearly does. The selfish thing is more a perception admittedly that I've got from him and I've seen other people talk about on the socials. Take the penalty thing with Milner in the Cardiff game for example.

As for the dictator thing, I don't really want to go over old ground because it was covered to death in the World Cup, but, at absolute best it was a taciut endorsement and a terrible look to be photographed with Kadyrov.

Agreed, it's complicated. And there would be a lot of pressure on him as one of the biggest poster boys of the Muslim world. I accept that. That doesn't necessarily excuse him, as I think you acknowledge in this post, but it is a grey area, absolutely.
Weren't there reports that Salah considered quitting the national team because of the Kadyrov thing? I think it goes without saying that things are very sensitive in Egypt. Salah might have money and status, but that doesn't mean there aren't very strict limits on what he can do and say without there being consequences. Look at what Enes Kanter (the Turkish NBA player) has been subjected to for his opposition to Erdogan- and Egypt's on another level to that repression wise.

I find it a bit galling that Muslim footballers are subject to so much more scrutiny than others. How much attention's been given to the large number of Brazilian footballers (including Willian, Lucas Moura, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Kaka etc) who've publicly supported Jair Bolsonaro?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back