EPL Matchday 36 - On Optus Sport

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
The penalty was a bit soft for a derby game.

But the red card whilst not violent was for repeated stupidity. He didn't even try and walk a tight rope. Just doubled down on trying to get yellow cards

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah I saw he had a moan so I watched the mini match and I have no clue what he can be moaning about
I can kind of understand a little bit about the penalty. It was a foul, they just aren't given very often in the box. Soares made it too obvious for the referee to miss

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
But the red card whilst not violent was for repeated stupidity. He didn't even try and walk a tight rope. Just doubled down on trying to get yellow cards
The funny thing is that it was on a Dier long ball. He would be 1 in a 1000 of getting the right weight on it for Son to run on to

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Yeah I saw he had a moan so I watched the mini match and I have no clue what he can be moaning about

Would really prefer he doesn’t react the way he chooses to.

I’ve read his biggest issue seems to be the fact the penalty decision didn’t warrant a second look via VAR. And that this incident was allowed without any sanction.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Would really prefer he doesn’t react the way he chooses to.

I’ve read his biggest issue seems to be the fact the penalty decision didn’t warrant a second look via VAR. And that this incident was allowed without any sanction.

VAR are never going to overturn that penalty. There is a foul there so it's not an obvious error

Thought Son might have got a yellow for that similar to Holding having a kick at Son's ribs could have received something 5 minutes before that

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Holding isn't a bad player, but he was terribly exposed against Spurs.
His tactics were wrong, i am assuming he was told to get tight to Son but then you are in trouble once he is past especially if you aren't quick. Some poor coaching and bad decisions made by him

VAR are never going to overturn that penalty. There is a foul there so it's not an obvious error

Thought Son might have got a yellow for that similar to Holding having a kick at Son's ribs could have received something 5 minutes before that
Var can’t intervene for yellows. Is there enough force to make that a straight red?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
His tactics were wrong, i am assuming he was told to get tight to Son but then you are in trouble once he is past especially if you aren't quick. Some poor coaching and bad decisions made by him
I agree.

A culmination of things worked against him. Though, had better decisions been made (not referring to the referee), it could have been different.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I can kind of understand a little bit about the penalty. It was a foul, they just aren't given very often in the box. Soares made it too obvious for the referee to miss
even if cedric jumps into him he likely gets away with it. instead he just tunnels him almost

Back