EPL Matchday 36

Remove this Banner Ad

So Liverpool miss out on the century through Arsenal. There's something I certainly didn't think would happen 6 weeks ago

Goodness we have absolutely battered Arsenal and somehow in the midst of battering them, we have gifted them two nicely wrapped goals so they can win the match.

How bizarre.

Turns out after the loss, we're still champions though. ;)

Goodness we have absolutely battered Arsenal and somehow in the midst of battering them, we have gifted them two nicely wrapped goals so they can win the match.

How bizarre.

Sure, you can lay claim to be the one and only champion of the “5 substitutions era”. :p

So in the end, Liverpool couldn’t celebrate in front of their fans, didn’t have an invincibles season and won’t finish with the most points ever. Haha, dickheads.
How I feel right now.
maxresdefault.jpg

How I feel right now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hard to look at any pictures of Kobe Bryant’s without feeling a sense of sadness. He died as a 41 year old sporting icon. And with his daughter no less.

Very disappointing that the points record is off the table now. That opportunity won’t come around often.

No-one’s playing terribly but with no-one chasing us and the title in the bag it seems we’ve just lost a bit of that edge and focus required to perform like we did in the first 3/4 of the season. Something to work on ahead of next season.

So Liverpool miss out on the century through Arsenal. There's something I certainly didn't think would happen 6 weeks ago

all those records pertaining to the 'greatest PL side ever' keep on falling by the wayside....I'm ever so disappointed by it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bizarre.

It’s a bit different when the gameplan is to let you have the ball and hardly cause damage. The attempts you had were hardly clear, maybe five of them were good chances. Does a disservice to the defending Arsenal actually did (for once) to say it was a battering.

It’s a bit different when the gameplan is to let you have the ball and hardly cause damage. The attempts you had were hardly clear, maybe five of them were good chances. Does a disservice to the defending Arsenal actually did (for once) to say it was a battering.

You can't put that win down to Arsenal tactics. If you are going to let your opponents have the ball you need to be dangerous on the counter. Arsenal only had two shots on target and they were as a result of Liverpool defensive howlers.

Contrast that to the recent match against Spurs where Arsenal had most of the possession but Spurs had more shots on target.

Good to see Pool fans straight on the defensive. They’ve had an incredible season and it has been 30 years so you’d probably take any title regardless of how it came.

But I know if that was Chelsea I’d be disappointed we didn’t take everyone to the cleaners. The professionalism dropped off after they won the title and would probably have achieved more if there was someone right on their tail. A title in front of no one, bundled out in the CL, missing out on the invincible tag and now the points record. All of which were big possibilities (if not guaranteed) not so long ago. After the start they had and how good they were looking it feels like a bit of a waste. Could wipe that away pretty quickly by doing it all again next year though.

You can't put that win down to Arsenal tactics. If you are going to let your opponents have the ball you need to be dangerous on the counter. Arsenal only had two shots on target and they were as a result of Liverpool defensive howlers.

Contrast that to the recent match against Spurs where Arsenal had most of the possession but Spurs had more shots on target.
There has to be some level of discipline though and I can’t say I ever felt like Liverpool would score after we went in front

Remove this Banner Ad

Back