EPL Matchday 37

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Never mind, it appears it must have changed a few years ago at the same when the FA Cup runner up spot no longer qualified for EL. Maximum 5 clubs from England, Spain & Italy can play in CL, another 4 in the EL which is extremely unlikely to ever occur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Never mind, it appears it must have changed a few years ago at the same when the FA Cup runner up spot no longer qualified for EL. Maximum 5 clubs from England, Spain & Italy can play in CL, another 4 in the EL which is extremely unlikely to ever occur
Yeah I think it might have changed from one season to the next. As it should have anyway, winning Europe’s second cup competition should never have come at the cost of some team finishing 4th in a 38 match league.

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Yeah I think it might have changed from one season to the next. As it should have anyway, winning Europe’s second cup competition should never have come at the cost of some team finishing 4th in a 38 match league.
Pretty much the only scenario that would cost 4th spot playing CL is if the winner of the CL & EL are in the same league & both finish outside the top 4

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Just about the worst I’ve seen us since SAF retired, spent £744m or whatever and have bugger all to show for it, went after the wrong players, bunch of individuals who have no ******* idea, plenty of deadwood. Absolutely massive job ahead for Ole, no quick fix at all, I’d be gutting the club and starting with flogging off Pogba to Madrid.

Complete and utter shambles at Old Trafford at the moment.
I'm loving it to be fair.

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Roosters, Mets
Solskjaer also faces the prospect of his pre-season tour plans being decimated by involvement in the Europa League as they look to rivals Manchester City for a favour.

If United finish sixth and City lose the FA Cup final to Watford on Saturday week, Solskjaer’s side will enter the Europa League at the second qualifying stage on July 25, the same day they are due to face Spurs in an International Champions Cup friendly match in Shanghai. Watford would qualify automatically for the Europa League group stage instead.

United are thought to have contingency plans in place should that scenario arise but the possibility of having to play six Europa League qualifying matches in the space of six weeks just to reach the group stage would be another huge setback to Solskjaer at a time when he is facing a huge rebuilding process.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ace-us-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-warns-manchester/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
why are united fans upset at herrera potentially leaving? there a better midfielders at midtable spanish sides.

offers nothing other than a side pass and a snide tackle.
He reminds me of Wilshere. Because he's a snide/w*nker, people mistake that for passion and then ignore that he's actually not that good.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
Maldini averaged 0.56 tackles a game.
And said, " if i have to make a tackle,then i have already made a mistake".
It's quite instructive for numpties to observe how Virgil will baulk at tackling, and shepherd his opponent away from dangerous situations or force them into making a mistake for any easy turnover.

DaRick

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Just about the worst I’ve seen us since SAF retired, spent £744m or whatever and have bugger all to show for it, went after the wrong players, bunch of individuals who have no ******* idea, plenty of deadwood. Absolutely massive job ahead for Ole, no quick fix at all, I’d be gutting the club and starting with flogging off Pogba to Madrid.

Complete and utter shambles at Old Trafford at the moment.
Worse than under Moyes/Giggs circa 2013/14?

Agree that Man U's situation isn't great. I also think that OGS isn't the right guy to oversee things - his previous PL managerial record was mediocre and it's obvious that he simply enjoyed a 'new manager bump'. Roberto Di Matteo, Kenny Dalglish and even Alan Pardew for Crystal Palace are similar examples of past-it/average managers enjoying similar initial fortunes.

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just read on a different forum and did my own calculation that City and Liverpool have dropped a combined 33 points in 37 rounds this year. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have dropped a combined 32 points over the last 4 rounds. Top 4 was definitely there for the taking lol.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If City keep a clean sheet tonight, they will be level on goals against with the greatest defence to have ever played football. So good they defended Helms Deep.

Top Bottom