EPL Matchday 37

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
the "ole at the wheel" memes will be going crazy in social media.
Maybe over the summer they will have a massive clear out.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
The United team of five years ago would have been frantic, throwing the kitchen sink trying to get the winner. It worked for them so many times.

This lot are strolling.

Being pedantic, but you really mean six years ago.

RE OGS, not surprised that form under him has plummeted. Like RDM before him, he's an example of a manager with an...unpretentious previous record who enjoyed a 'new manager bump'.

RE Chelsea, am glad they took advantage of Tottenham/Man U screw-ups, but I'm worried that they'll choke versus Leicester. Luckily Arsenal/Tottenham aren't guaranteed wins either...

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Nothing left to play for now. I can’t wait to see what United will look like when they go ‘on the beach’ next weekend. I wonder how much different it would be than their usual ‘totally ******* s**t’? Now I wish we tanked our CL campaign so we could somehow arse the Europa League. Beating such a small fry club like PSG wasn’t worth the hassle.

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham
This has been an absolute car crash of a run in for Top 4. Tbf I thought Spurs would fall in a heap after the United loss - we did enough just...

Oil Slavers and Liverpool have kept their standard. Liverpool incredibly stiff if they end up second.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Nice to see Cahill getting a chance to say farewell, handled this season like the champ he is. Not the most talented player but gave his all and won it all. Nice Gary.
Screenshot_20190506-055757_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190506-053513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Just about the worst I’ve seen us since SAF retired, spent £744m or whatever and have bugger all to show for it, went after the wrong players, bunch of individuals who have no ******* idea, plenty of deadwood. Absolutely massive job ahead for Ole, no quick fix at all, I’d be gutting the club and starting with flogging off Pogba to Madrid.

Complete and utter shambles at Old Trafford at the moment.

Can’t really believe Arsenal’s end to the season, they’re going all Spursy. May still make CL but have to win the Europa League, which will then take a EL spot next season away from an English club I believe

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can’t really believe Arsenal’s end to the season, they’re going all Spursy. May still make CL but have to win the Europa League, which will then take a EL spot next season away from an English club I believe
No, can have five now. We had five last season

Nice to see Cahill getting a chance to say farewell, handled this season like the champ he is. Not the most talented player but gave his all and won it all. Nice Gary.
View attachment 668426View attachment 668428
Yeah, mad respect for him.
But yikes the thing with Sarri could have ended terribly. Kudos to Sarri for playing him despite Cahill's (fair) comments.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

If Arsenal win the EL, 5 English clubs are in the CL next season, top 4 in the EPL plus Arsenal.

If Chelsea win the EL, only the top 4 make the CL as Chelsea finished top 4.

No one (if Chelsea finishes 4th/Spurs finish 4th/don’t win the CL) loses their CL spot if Arsenal win the EL.

Last edited:
No, can have five now. We had five last season

If Arsenal win the EL, 5 English clubs are in the CL next season, top 4 in the EPL plus Arsenal.

If Chelsea win the EL, only the top 4 make the CL as Chelsea finished top 4.

No one (if Chelsea finishes 4th/Spurs finish 4th/don’t win the CL) loses their CL spot if Arsenal win the EL.

I remember something coming into play a while ago, they can have 5 in the CL but it would mean one Europa spot less due to a total number of European tournament spots for England.

Unless it’s all changed again, that is

Back