EPL Matchday 38 (Manchester City Champions)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Anyone thought that amid this talk of Gerrard or Coutinho, or Ings willing Villa to a point or better, that Liverpool haven't actually won their game against Wolves yet?

No, me neither. But I guess I could happen.
Depends which Wolves show up. On a whole, they have been resolute at the back this season. Yet against your lot they wilted and let in what was it, five goals?

Could be on the beach but so are Aston Villa.

I'm expecting easy wins for both Liverpool and City on Sunday.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

278985164_955875111773739_2288023986099412346_n.jpg

Woweeeee

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Depends which Wolves show up. On a whole, they have been resolute at the back this season. Yet against your lot they wilted and let in what was it, five goals?

Could be on the beach but so are Aston Villa.

I'm expecting easy wins for both Liverpool and City on Sunday.
Have to agree I don't see any upsets on the final day and yes that does include CPFC beating us is no upset either...

Anyone thought that amid this talk of Gerrard or Coutinho, or Ings willing Villa to a point or better, that Liverpool haven't actually won their game against Wolves yet?

Was reading that apparently they'll lay down for us to get Jota money if we win title. I wonder if the media that mention this stuff actually think professional footballers would go out and half ass it so the club could potentially get a few mil?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Was reading that apparently they'll lay down for us to get Jota money if we win title. I wonder if the media that mention this stuff actually think professional footballers would go out and half ass it so the club could potentially get a few mil?
especially when they could get that money in another season potentially while if they win they potentially move up the table and get more money.

it's just cheap, easy articles.

It's quite insulting to them really.

Apr 24, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Centrals / Southampton
Yes. To be not threatened by relegation but no chance of pushing for Europe would be such a dull season. These days with the Conference at least there's less dead spots on the PL table, but I sometimes wonder what fans of clubs like Soton and Palace actually take out of a season.
Not a lot

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well this is exciting. 4th time since the takeover we've come to the last day off the season with the title on the line, and this is by far the least confident I've been of coming out on top.

You can't escape the narrative in the press that Liverpool are going to win everything this year, and it makes a real difference that we have to win, not draw like 13/14.

Stones and Walker are back in training, I don't know if either will play but if they do that will settle my nerves a lot.
In what reality do you not beat Villa? It’s over.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
In what reality do you not beat Villa? It’s over.
I sort of understand where Moomba is coming from. Even when we were ten points clear in the 19/20 season, until we'd reached the point of no return, I refused to celebrate, or say we'd already won it. Nothing is won until it's actually won. Football usually follows form and quality, but hiccups can and do happen. Miracles happen.

We probably had that attitude against QPR 10 years ago.

I know going into the match I hadn't even given a thought that we might not win it.

In a one off match, there could be a red card, VAR, refs. We might just not perform on the day, Villa might have a stormer.

It's just not worth presuming we've won until we've won it. I guarantee you if we did, and Villa take points off us we'd all be getting slagged for being arrogant and getting ahead of ourselves.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Good point. Must be pointed out a 6 goal Villa win combined with a Liverpool draw sees a playoff match for the title.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
We probably had that attitude against QPR 10 years ago.

I know going into the match I hadn't even given a thought that we might not win it.

In a one off match, there could be a red card, VAR, refs. We might just not perform on the day, Villa might have a stormer.

It's just not worth presuming we've won until we've won it. I guarantee you if we did, and Villa take points off us we'd all be getting slagged for being arrogant and getting ahead of ourselves.
They’re just going down the idiotic path of going the ‘absolutely zero chance’ path thinking that it might actually influence the result the other way. The psychology of thinking that actually makes a difference is stupid beyond explanation.

Of course Villa could get at least a point. Of course it isn’t over. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a stupid pesimistic Liverpool fan who thinks that saying it’s over will actually influence the result in their favour.

Everyone knows City are favourites but underdogs can have games where everything goes right and Villa are not Norwich, there are quality players in the side.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pep has said that winning the premier league is harder than winning the Champions league because in the CL you only need to win 6 or so games.

This guy is so insecure 🤪

Imagine villa get a draw tonight and Liverpool beat wolves 😂😂😂

Back