EPL Matchday 38

What will happen in MD38?

• Liverpool qualify for CL + Swansea get relegated.

• Liverpool qualify for CL + Soton get relegated.

• Chelsea qualify for CL + Swansea get relegated.

• Chelsea qualify for CL + Soton get relegated.

• Jack Watts has bought 4 subs so he qualifies for a 5th one free.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hung on for third, won’t lie but I’m liking that. Love finishing above the poo :cool::D
8 out of the last 10 seasons :D

Haha I'll tell you what, you keep 3rd place, we'll keep 4th and a trip to Kiev, and I guess we'll just have to suck it up and try our best to contain our envy of your season.

Scoring 8 goals in back to back games with Arsenal and Spurs isn't too bad.
I haven't watched them enough to know if they're disorganised because they don't want to listen to Puel. I do think he'd be unlucky to be sacked again though

Let's please not keep Puel.

I don't mate, this is a tricky one. After those performances, I really want to see his business in the transfer market now that he knows the squad.

We conceded 5, yes, but 4 of those were player errors (and an offside), which should have no business of happening. Can't blame him for that.

There's no point fetting in another manager at the moment. Puel has an idea of the squad. We still have the keys to take it to the big boys, but we need a little more control over the scrappers.

One pre-season. Lets build up a little consistancy and not be a revolving door. I want to know who he's getting in.

Didn't they have one of the highest spends on winning promotion and add guys like Pritchard and Ince?

Their total value was low even for championship

Srsly though. Half the jobs Wagner could get he’d be lucky to last a season. Outside the promoted teams how many teams didn’t part ways with manager?

I don't mate, this is a tricky one. After those performances, I really want to see his business in the transfer market now that he knows the squad.

We conceded 5, yes, but 4 of those were player errors (and an offside), which should have no business of happening. Can't blame him for that.

There's no point fetting in another manager at the moment. Puel has an idea of the squad. We still have the keys to take it to the big boys, but we need a little more control over the scrappers.

One pre-season. Lets build up a little consistancy and not be a revolving door. I want to know who he's getting in.
Really disagree with that.

If they do back him in, they'll buy the players he wants and then 2 months in they'll sack him when we're still not playing well. That leaves us in the exact same position we were in this season.

I'd prefer someone new come in with a fresh look of things.

Their total value was low even for championship

Srsly though. Half the jobs Wagner could get he’d be lucky to last a season. Outside the promoted teams how many teams didn’t part ways with manager?

Didn't you spend upwards of 50m upon promotion?

Really disagree with that.

If they do back him in, they'll buy the players he wants and then 2 months in they'll sack him when we're still not playing well. That leaves us in the exact same position we were in this season.

I'd prefer someone new come in with a fresh look of things.

Perhaps suggests FT's point is valid that constantly chopping and changing is how you end up with a Frankenstein squad that is made up of an amalgamation of various manager's inputs, without giving those managers time to bed their signings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are three certainties in life; death, taxes and spurs finishing above Liverpool :thumbsu:
Honestly mate I don’t care if they win the European Cup, doubt they would either.
No doubt we got the tougher luck with a very stiff draw but I’d rather make and win finals.

We threw one away by the manager being stubborn, stubbornness that was non existent this morning when Alderweireld and Rose played. Thanks Mauricio :drunk:

There are three certainties in life; death, taxes and spurs finishing above Liverpool :thumbsu:
Id32YK.gif

Ehh, players > managers.

Even with Ranieri, the players are still the ones that had to perform. Would prefer to back in proven champions rather than a manager that at best has been average.
what does it matter when seemingly no manager can get along with the squad?

Honestly mate I don’t care if they win the European Cup, doubt they would either.
No doubt we got the tougher luck with a very stiff draw but I’d rather make and win finals.

We threw one away by the manager being stubborn, stubbornness that was non existent this morning when Alderweireld and Rose played. Thanks Mauricio :drunk:
Have you read his comments after the match? If so what do you make of them?

Yeah because they did a good job keeping the goals at bay today...
They did.

KWP didn’t track Vardy from the free kick.
KWP didn’t block Mahrez’s shot.
Wanyama didn’t track Iheanacho well enough.
Wanyama didn’t track Vardy’s run.

Rose set up the play for the OG.
Have you read his comments after the match? If so what do you make of them?
no I haven’t even seen them

Decent spin by all the papers with their headlines. Have you read the full press conference on football.london?
Lol it’s hilareous how they all want us to implode. They can’t wait for Poch and then Harry and the rest of them to leave can they. w***ers

They did.

KWP didn’t track Vardy from the free kick.
KWP didn’t block Mahrez’s shot.
Wanyama didn’t track Iheanacho well enough.
Wanyama didn’t track Vardy’s run.
Toby is meant to lead that defence and help his inexperienced RB. Also KWP didn't get to Mahrez shot because he had to win a challenge covering for the right sided CB ;)

Lol it’s hilareous how they all want us to implode. They can’t wait for Poch and then Harry and the rest of them to leave can they. w***ers
Unbelievable spin they can achieve puts Warnie and Murali to shame. Guess that's what happens when a manager/player is a little bit honest

Toby is meant to lead that defence and help his inexperienced RB. Also KWP didn't get to Mahrez shot because he had to win a challenge covering for the right sided CB ;)
It’s no coincidence we’ve been defensively solid based of a solid CM. We gave them too much space in the middle and Sissoko/Wanyama just doesn’t work.

You’ve been pulling this nonsense for a month. Trying to shoot down Alderweireld as a coping mechanism for the daft (pending) sale to justify it. We let in 4 but others were far more culpable for that.

It’s no coincidence we’ve been defensively solid based of a solid CM. We gave them too much space in the middle and Sissoko/Wanyama just doesn’t work.

You’ve been pulling this nonsense for a month. Trying to shoot down Alderweireld as a coping mechanism for the daft (pending) sale to justify it. We let in 4 but others were far more culpable for that.
He was as culpable for the Mahrez goal as Sanchez was in the FA Cup. He is a great CB but he also makes mistakes

Back