EPL Matchday 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Most satisfying win since Aguero v QPR without a question.

They won't feel it now but Liverpool deserve every bit of credit for the league season they put together. They were amazing all year and set an example for every club how to build an amazing squad. They've got a big game ahead to look forward to, will be a great season for them.regardless.

For our guys, 14 in a row to win it was amazing. Such a strong mentality to go with the quality.

Was the most tense I've felt in a match but we got there in the end.

******* get in.

They haven’t been better as they’ve lost more games. They’ve just been more clinical in close matches. That’s all. You can’t split these two sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could argue Liverpool were lucky to be within a point right till the end. They had a cracking season but in reality they had a couple of sketchy calls that decided wins and Man City were the better side in both matchups between the two teams. Liverpool will get there eventually but Man City are a class above the rest. Beginning to look a little like the other leagues in the world. At least City aren’t sniping players from rivals.

Congrats to City. Following up a 100 point season with a 98 point season is a phenomenal achievement. They deserve all the plaudits that come their way.

As for Liverpool, I’ve waited 29 years for another league title, to have such a consistent season and still miss out is hard to swallow. When you finish on 97 points, there’s really nothing you can point to and say “that’s why we lost, that’s what we need to improve”. Man City achieved superhuman levels of perfection and we were millimetres behind them.

I couldn’t be more proud of the quality, professionalism, consistency and fight shown by the players this season. Fingers crossed they can cap it off with some silverware in Madrid in a few weeks, and hopefully another year makes it that much sweeter when we do finally break the drought in the league!

Last edited:
Apparently his name is actually Aguero. Unfortunate.

Reminds me of a story in the local press of a kid that was born in Manchester and named Tevez as his parents were big United fans. He moved to to us the day after.

So proud of this group despite coming 2nd. Everything riding on the CL final now.

Proper attitude to have. Liverpool have had a phenomenal season, 97 points is just ridiculous, record breaking. Before this season the most points without winning the title was United’s 89 points in 2011/12. City’s 100 points last season was the highest ever. You should be proud of how Liverpool kept it so close right to the end.

And well done to City, incredibly consistent in the last few months and were hard to fault.

Unlucky for Liverpool to have achieved the third highest points tally overall in a PL season and not win is a bitter pill to swallow. But they can definitely be proud of their efforts.

They need to win the CL, who knows how shot they will be mentally if they don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carry our form into next season and we’ll be saying hi to the English League One in 2020/21.

Lol. United won’t be getting relegated this century with their wealth, so PL fans will have many more years of laughter at our expense. Cool.

It’s actually like the Ashes, if it’s a draw the trophy stays with the last winner.

Yeah but I think everyone who ties is still recognised as the Golden Boot winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back