EPL Matchday 38

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Leicester go from pushing Liverpool in second place, a guaranteed Champions League spot to fighting for the final Europa League position in 5th. Yikes, what a fall.

Needing Chelsea to win its next two games.

Do we really want them to win?
For 1 season i wouldn't mind not having European football to have a real crack at pushing back up the league without the distraction of playing Thursday night games. Plus games are already going to be condensed by a month

Do we really want them to win?
For 1 season i wouldn't mind not having European football to have a real crack at pushing back up the league without the distraction of playing Thursday night games. Plus games are already going to be condensed by a month

A recent arseblog podcast debated this (Pat Mangan and James McNicolas, pretty knowledgeable types). Essentially concluded that, even though the money on offer isn’t at UCL levels, it’s still fairly significant and will impact transfers and wages etc.

Personally, even though the money is important I still think missing Europe altogether in a compromised season would suit the Arsenals and Tottenhams who likely won’t delve into the upcoming transfer window as much as the current top 4. Tight fixtures, * all preparation and Thursday nights in Qarabag won’t mix well. Plus big transfer targets wouldnt really cite Europa as a drawing card the way they do with UCL.

How does Leicester go from pushing Liverpool in second place, a guaranteed Champions League spot to fighting for the final Europa League position in 5th. Yikes, what a fall.
Lack of depth compared to other top 5 clubs, harder to sustain and deal with injuries

With Chelsea supporting you guys in defeating Leicester relations between the two clubs must be at an all time high.
By that you mean I’ve suppressed the urge to go on a murderous rampage?

All time high indeed ;)

A recent arseblog podcast debated this (Pat Mangan and James McNicolas, pretty knowledgeable types). Essentially concluded that, even though the money on offer isn’t at UCL levels, it’s still fairly significant and will impact transfers and wages etc.

Personally, even though the money is important I still think missing Europe altogether in a compromised season would suit the Arsenals and Tottenhams who likely won’t delve into the upcoming transfer window as much as the current top 4. Tight fixtures, fu** all preparation and Thursday nights in Qarabag won’t mix well. Plus big transfer targets wouldnt really cite Europa as a drawing card the way they do with UCL.
Did that account for the possibility of no crowds for at least some of next season?
Just for next season i think it may be a better option. Can really focus on the league and not wear your players out while all your rivals are pretty much playing 2 games a week every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did that account for the possibility of no crowds for at least some of next season?
Just for next season i think it may be a better option. Can really focus on the league and not wear your players out while all your rivals are pretty much playing 2 games a week every week

I think it assumed crowds back in January or something. I think our two clubs rely more heavily on attendance revenue than most others though, so no crowds might actually make European money even more vital. Depends what you prioritize I guess.

I think it assumed crowds back in January or something. I think our two clubs rely more heavily on attendance revenue than most others though, so no crowds might actually make European money even more vital. Depends what you prioritize I guess.
Possibly, although if there is no crowds you would be losing money from home games. The prize money isn't that great if you are losing money from home games

Small squad. They've lost both starting fullbacks, Maddison and then the Turk got suspended. They just didn't have the reserves to come in like the bigger teams.

Have taken the Monday off work. Mates and I are watching the games and having a Zoom chat where we alert each other to goals which will be fun.
Don't they still have the goal rush program where they show 1 game and then goals from the other games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back