EPL Matchday 38

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand United fans being up and about regarding Bruno. He completely turned them around and is a huge factor as to why they finished where they did. Though, they didn't play (m)any top teams - but that's no fault of Bruno's.

It will be interesting how he goes in a full season and how he goes against the best teams in the competition.

City, Chelsea, leceister not top teams? Was about to say spurs but.

Mou didn’t buy Bruno either, not my point.
Yeah I have NFI what your point is really.

Apollo gave procrastinator a clip for showing the ‘table since Bruno’ which means little compared to Liverpool’s tangible title.

You’ve since raised Mourinho and Ndombele v Bruno to a Villa fan...

Like WTF are you waffling on about?

Certainly helps when you spend a lot of money and get the PL record for penalties given, and also spend a lot of money on the players. If a manager couldn't get that team in the CL then he should have been instantly sacked.
If you want to talk about spending money and going nowhere:

Marco Silva was sacked with Everton in 18th place on just 14 points from 15 games, having wasted over £100million on players in the summer. Since then – under the stewardship of Big Dunc and then Carlo Ancelotti – they’ve picked up just over 1.5 points per game, which would see them in eighth spot were it stretched across the season, Which is exactly where Everton should always finish. A similar outlay this summer and they should be right in the mix to fight for the Everton Cup once again.

If you want to talk about spending money and going nowhere:

Marco Silva was sacked with Everton in 18th place on just 14 points from 15 games, having wasted over £100million on players in the summer. Since then – under the stewardship of Big Dunc and then Carlo Ancelotti – they’ve picked up just over 1.5 points per game, which would see them in eighth spot were it stretched across the season, Which is exactly where Everton should always finish. A similar outlay this summer and they should be right in the mix to fight for the Everton Cup once again.
You think as an Everton fan I don't know that? There has been some terrible buys mixed in with the good. Lucas Digne, Michael Keane (lately) and Richarlison, interspersed with Sigurdsson, Iwobi and the like.

Yeah I have NFI what your point is really.

Apollo gave procrastinator a clip for showing the ‘table since Bruno’ which means little compared to Liverpool’s tangible title.

You’ve since raised Mourinho and Ndombele v Bruno to a Villa fan...

Like WTF are you waffling on about?

Look further up it was me and Apollo going back and forth, do your research properly apollo said 66 points and all that money to show for it so I backed it up by comparing two players our teams have bought for the same price to show who spent the money better that was my point jeez didn’t think I’d have to explain that as pedantic as that but some people clearly have no common sense and it says he’s a spurs fan. Don’t know why [mention]Bradesmaen [/mention] felt the need to comment nor did I understand what he was trying to get at in the first place.

You’re right I have NFI WTF you are talking about but pass us whatever you’re smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leicester had half a side. Chelsea a decent side but have shown they couldn't defend for sh*t all season. City...thats about it

Yeah there’s only like 4 or 5 top teams in this league.

And we beat 3 of them with Bruno and like the others have said he hasn’t had the chance against Liverpool etc but still credit due where credit is due.

Yeah there’s only like 4 or 5 top teams in this league.

And we beat 3 of them with Bruno and like the others have said he hasn’t had the chance against Liverpool etc but still credit due where credit is due.
I'll give him credit when he performs against the top clubs. He never did while playing for Sporting.

Look further up it was me and Apollo going back and forth, do your research properly apollo said 66 points and all that money to show for it so I backed it up by comparing two players our teams have bought for the same price to show who spent the money better that was my point jeez didn’t think I’d have to explain that as pedantic as that but some people clearly have no common sense and it says he’s a spurs fan. Don’t know why [mention]Bradesmaen [/mention] felt the need to comment nor did I understand what he was trying to get at in the first place.

You’re right I have NFI WTF you are talking about but pass us whatever you’re smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apollo is a villa fan compadre.

No idea why my club is even mentioned, nor is the difference in pts down to two midfielders. Two vastly different clubs and circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give him credit when he performs against the top clubs. He never did while playing for Sporting.
It's sporting and Porto in the Portuguese league, come on man now you're trying to find loop holes.

Apollo is a villa fan compadre.

No idea why my club is even mentioned, nor is the difference in pts down to two midfielders. Two vastly different clubs and circumstances
Well it says in his other teams "tottenham" unless he's taking the piss that i'm unaware about, i went based on that info.

Had you down as a spurs fan coming after me like that lol.

I understand United fans being up and about regarding Bruno. He completely turned them around and is a huge factor as to why they finished where they did. Though, they didn't play (m)any top teams - but that's no fault of Bruno's.

It will be interesting how he goes in a full season and how he goes against the best teams in the competition.

Apologies for the long response....

I don't think we should be underplaying the importance of having a player who is capable of getting the results against the 'weaker' sides though. In fact this is exactly why United fans are so excited right now. Under LVG, Mourinho, and Ole the club have not struggled to collect points against the top sides, not at all. Our issue has been that we're absolutely rubbish at getting results against the so called 'weaker' sides who sit back and defend because we've lacked the imagination and attacking quality needed to open these teams up for years now, and they've known it.

Our last loss in the league was 2-0 to Burnley FFS. Only Liverpool have lost fewer league games than us but we still find ourselves way off the pace because we drew 12 games. We just did not have the firepower needed to turn most of those draws into wins. Now with the risks Bruno takes, the effect this has on freeing up Pogba, as well as the development of Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood we finally have a team capable of regularly getting results against the so called 'weaker' teams. This is why United fans are excited right now.

People who downplay this run of form United have had by looking at the opponents they've played are entirely missing the point. If United are ever going to improve and mount a title challenge any time soon it will come when they are finally able to stop dropping points in the so called 'easy' fixtures. I'm not saying that United are going to come out and push Liverpool and City all the way next season, not by a long shot. I'm saying that I'm confident that we're not far off being able to mount a challenge because for the first time in years we finally have the firepower to not drop so many points against the sides we should be beating.

Apologies for the long response....

I don't think we should be underplaying the importance of having a player who is capable of getting the results against the 'weaker' sides though. In fact this is exactly why United fans are so excited right now. Under LVG, Mourinho, and Ole the club have not struggled to collect points against the top sides, not at all. Our issue has been that we're absolutely rubbish at getting results against the so called 'weaker' sides who sit back and defend because we've lacked the imagination and attacking quality needed to open these teams up for years now, and they've known it.

Our last loss in the league was 2-0 to Burnley FFS. Only Liverpool have lost fewer league games than us but we still find ourselves way off the pace because we drew 12 games. We just did not have the firepower needed to turn most of those draws into wins. Now with the risks Bruno takes, the effect this has on freeing up Pogba, as well as the development of Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood we finally have a team capable of regularly getting results against the so called 'weaker' teams. This is why United fans are excited right now.

People who downplay this run of form United have had by looking at the opponents they've played are entirely missing the point. If United are ever going to improve and mount a title challenge any time soon it will come when they are finally able to stop dropping points in the so called 'easy' fixtures. I'm not saying that United are going to come out and push Liverpool and City all the way next season, not by a long shot. I'm saying that I'm confident that we're not far off being able to mount a challenge because for the first time in years we finally have the firepower to not drop so many points against the sides we should be beating.
Agree with everything you've said.

I wasn't slating him, and you can only beat who is in front of you, too.

You also didn't have the benefit of 7 penalties after lockdown. Most of them should have been thrown out by VAR if it was competent. Apart from scoring a penalty or two, Bruno played 3 good games.

Bradesmaen scoring points with the Liverpool posters again.

A new football fan on BF wouldn’t even know that Everton and Liverpool are actually fierce rivals lol.

Bradesmaen scoring points with the Liverpool posters again.

A new football fan on BF wouldn’t even know that Everton and Liverpool are actually fierce rivals lol.

hahaha what. I don't think there's a more critical poster on this board when it comes to Liverpool. Can't resort to baseless responses just because you can't stand up to the facts Bradesmaen is spitting out.

hahaha what. I don't think there's a more critical poster on this board when it comes to Liverpool. Can't resort to baseless responses just because you can't stand up to the facts Bradesmaen is spitting out.

Ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back