Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yep.

Its a one off game so anything can happen. Im not confident but we all know miracles can happen.
Good luck mate. More than happy to be proven wrong/have egg on my face.

I just want a good, close entertaining game. Hope it doesn't go to penalties (which I think it is the worst/most cruel way to lose a Cup Final, always preferred the golden goal rule in extra time myself)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Free hit for what? To qualify for the same competition we’re in the final for? I’d happily give up qualification for next year’s tournament if we won this years one (yes I’m aware we auto qualify if we win but just as a hypothetical). I don’t think we were going into the final just to requalify for next year if we missed top 4.
Obviously you're going in to win it but it's just less pressure that you already have CL qualification now so it's not the European Cup and qualification on the line. So I meant sort of freeing that nothing else is on the line and to just go for it.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I am that confident of a City Champions Final win that I will change my Avatar to the Chelsea FC Logo from the end of the UCL final until the completion of next season's Premier League Season.

And I would Say the exact same thing if they played Madrid in the Cup Final.

And I realize I am setting myself up for a massive fall here, but this City outfit are the best team on the planet and they have spent and planned too much money and years not to fail at the final hurdle.

Anyhow best of luck to your lads, I have no regrets :)
They are not even the best City side in the past three years. It's a one off game, City rightfully heavy favourites but anything can happen in one game of football.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Certainly can. We had no business beating that AC Milan side in 2005. But ... miracle. :)

Plus I dont think City is as good as that AC Milan side.
You are entitled to your opinion. Naturally you are wrong (or at least selling this season's City team short)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
You are entitled to your opinion. Naturally you are wrong (or at least selling this season's City team short)
Mate City are good... but that AC Milan side. Just crazy.

------------Dida
Cafu--Stam--Nesta--Maldini
-----------Pirlo
----Seedorf---Gattuso
-----------Kaka
Shevchenko----Crespo

o_O

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Mate City are good... but that AC Milan side. Just crazy.

------------Dida
Cafu--Stam--Nesta--Maldini
-----------Pirlo
----Seedorf---Gattuso
-----------Kaka
Shevchenko----Crespo

o_O

Only you could conjure a way to wield a conversation about the upcoming City v Chelsea CL Final into somehow talking up how good the Milan team of 2005 was (because Liverpool defeated them) :D

Great team it was though, some all time names in that lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
It was a good season all things considered. Liverpool and Spurs went out ahead before Christmas with City and United struggling. Liverpool went 4 points clear at the top, 9 ahead of City, after smashing Palace 7-0 on 18th Dec. Thereafter City's and Liverpool's form went in opposite directions. Everton challenged but fell away. Chelsea's form turned round after Tuchel took over. It was great to see the fans back for the final two games and the excitement of the European places up for grabs.

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was a good season all things considered. Liverpool and Spurs went out ahead before Christmas with City and United struggling. Liverpool went 4 points clear at the top, 9 ahead of City, after smashing Palace 7-0 on 18th Dec. Thereafter City's and Liverpool's form went in opposite directions. Everton challenged but fell away. Chelsea's form turned round after Tuchel took over. It was great to see the fans back for the final two games and the excitement of the European places up for grabs.
It was by far the worst, most forgettable premier league season I have ever seen.

No fans, no title race, no relegation scrap, VAR, Super league nonsense... just a terrible campaign with very few memorable moments. My love for the game has taken a big hit over the last 12 months.

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Boston Celtics
Don’t think we care if anyone else gives a sh*t. To finish 9th in our first season back is awesome. Beat the champions, took points off all the top teams, played a great style. Not getting relegated like the other 2 promoted teams was an achievement.
The style of play alone is the pass for me.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
It was by far the worst, most forgettable premier league season I have ever seen.

No fans, no title race, no relegation scrap, VAR, Super league nonsense... just a terrible campaign with very few memorable moments. My love for the game has taken a big hit over the last 12 months.
There was absolutely a title race and relegation scrap, they just didn't go to the last game. VAR made more good decisions than bad. There has been some great games and great goals this season. Super League disillusioned me also but the fans being back for the last few games has given me a lift.

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Only you could conjure a way to wield a conversation about the upcoming City v Chelsea CL Final into somehow talking up how good the Milan team of 2005 was (because Liverpool defeated them) :D

Great team it was though, some all time names in that lineup.
jod23 Ladies and Gentlemen.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The no fans was a killer. End of last season was like ok, just get through these last few games. But the pandemic just raged on and we've had to have an entire season without fans which has been absolutely sh*te.

Of course it's good as we want health and safety first but for enjoyable football, no fans, it kills it.

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The no fans was a killer. End of last season was like ok, just get through these last few games. But the pandemic just raged on and we've had to have an entire season without fans which has been absolutely sh*te.

Of course it's good as we want health and safety first but for enjoyable football, no fans, it kills it.
Not for city that was their advantage in every game, they're use to that kind of atmosphere.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
There was absolutely a title race and relegation scrap, they just didn't go to the last game. VAR made more good decisions than bad. There has been some great games and great goals this season. Super League disillusioned me also but the fans being back for the last few games has given me a lift.
The games in general have been very pedestrian, almost training like. A whole season of no fans is just horrible and goes to show just how important they are to the game.

VAR seemed to be much worse than last season.

A noticeable lift with fans coming back for the last few games. We're beyond lockdowns now surely in the pandemic timeline with those who are vulnerable getting vaccinated. Time to bring back fans next season and bring back real football. A proper pre season and not trying to cram a whole season in to a shorter campaign will make a huge difference next season.

I'm predicting results will normalise. There will be far less injuries and in general the game will be much better.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
The games in general have been very pedestrian, almost training like. A whole season of no fans is just horrible and goes to show just how important they are to the game.

VAR seemed to be much worse than last season.

A noticeable lift with fans coming back for the last few games. We're beyond lockdowns now surely in the pandemic timeline with those who are vulnerable getting vaccinated. Time to bring back fans next season and bring back real football. A proper pre season and not trying to cram a whole season in to a shorter campaign will make a huge difference next season.

I'm predicting results will normalise. There will be far less injuries and in general the game will be much better.
The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Further, we didn't have enough time off for me to really miss football.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan
The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Further, we didn't have enough time off for me to really miss football.
Reckon it played a part in why we petered out so badly in the last 3rd of the season. All those Europa qualifying games, EFL cup and the league.

10 games between 5/9 and 4/10 from memory. Utterly f’ed.

Remove this Banner Ad