Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Further, we didn't have enough time off for me to really miss football.
The 3 games in 6 days really was farcical (even if it was caused by protesting Utd supporters).

Also the league cup was totally unnecessary this season.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Further, we didn't have enough time off for me to really miss football.
Maybe if you had a manager like Marcelo Bielsa who places a massive emphasis on fitness, your team would have gotten better better results.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Maybe if you had a manager like Marcelo Bielsa who places a massive emphasis on fitness, your team would have gotten better better results.
We came 2nd in the league and are in a European final with a mediocre team according to most on here. Bielsa is at his level in midtable.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am that confident of a City Champions Final win that I will change my Avatar to the Chelsea FC Logo from the end of the UCL final until the completion of next season's Premier League Season.

And I would Say the exact same thing if they played Madrid in the Cup Final.

And I realize I am setting myself up for a massive fall here, but this City outfit are the best team on the planet and they have spent and planned too much money and years not to fail at the final hurdle.

Anyhow best of luck to your lads, I have no regrets :)
Could you ban yourself instead if they win?

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Could you ban yourself instead if they win?
We could only be so lucky.

Actually nah, that's a bit mean. As annoying as Elmer can be and he probably knows he is, at least he provides something in this forum. I assume this is how some people see me as well.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Most exciting season in 17 years.

No crowds definitely was sh*t though. 5 week shorter season didn’t help the quality. Although 3 teams that were a fair bit off the pace from the rest didn’t help either.

Man City a stand out but I thought quite competitive after that between top 4-5 and way down to above relegation zone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Apart from the side who has won half the titles isn't that impressive a stat.

So really just United, Chelsea x2 and Leicester didn't manage it.
I think it's a just a comeback to people saying we were the worst champions ever etc. Turns out Leicester, United and Chelsea twice couldnt manage it.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Did people say that?
From memory quite a few. When it was pointed out that Leicester finished 12th & Chelsea 10th after winning the title I can't remember which poster it was but someone then claimed points differential as the basis for the worst defending champion. Which is ridiculous for obvious reasons.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
It was definitely being thrown around when they'd lost 6 straight games at home.
I mean I think the context was "Worse defending champions at this point" because it was always pointed out Leicester and yourselves finished pretty far off first, but that at that point in the season they had been performing better. Don't think anyone was definitively calling them the worst defending champions.

Remove this Banner Ad