EPL Matchday 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly can. We had no business beating that AC Milan side in 2005. But ... miracle. :)

Plus I dont think City is as good as that AC Milan side.

You are entitled to your opinion. Naturally you are wrong (or at least selling this season's City team short)

Mate City are good... but that AC Milan side. Just crazy.

------------Dida
Cafu--Stam--Nesta--Maldini
-----------Pirlo
----Seedorf---Gattuso
-----------Kaka
Shevchenko----Crespo

o_O

Only you could conjure a way to wield a conversation about the upcoming City v Chelsea CL Final into somehow talking up how good the Milan team of 2005 was (because Liverpool defeated them) :D

Great team it was though, some all time names in that lineup.

Posting styles certainly change over time. My gratuitous Simpsons posting hasn’t though haha.
Certainly feel I've mellowed a bit. Less annoys me now.
Don't get time at work to look at my phone.

That said. Week 2 of a 8 week ban on cats board so... yeah.

It was a good season all things considered. Liverpool and Spurs went out ahead before Christmas with City and United struggling. Liverpool went 4 points clear at the top, 9 ahead of City, after smashing Palace 7-0 on 18th Dec. Thereafter City's and Liverpool's form went in opposite directions. Everton challenged but fell away. Chelsea's form turned round after Tuchel took over. It was great to see the fans back for the final two games and the excitement of the European places up for grabs.

It was a good season all things considered. Liverpool and Spurs went out ahead before Christmas with City and United struggling. Liverpool went 4 points clear at the top, 9 ahead of City, after smashing Palace 7-0 on 18th Dec. Thereafter City's and Liverpool's form went in opposite directions. Everton challenged but fell away. Chelsea's form turned round after Tuchel took over. It was great to see the fans back for the final two games and the excitement of the European places up for grabs.

It was by far the worst, most forgettable premier league season I have ever seen.

No fans, no title race, no relegation scrap, VAR, Super league nonsense... just a terrible campaign with very few memorable moments. My love for the game has taken a big hit over the last 12 months.

Don’t think we care if anyone else gives a sh*t. To finish 9th in our first season back is awesome. Beat the champions, took points off all the top teams, played a great style. Not getting relegated like the other 2 promoted teams was an achievement.
The style of play alone is the pass for me.

It was by far the worst, most forgettable premier league season I have ever seen.

No fans, no title race, no relegation scrap, VAR, Super league nonsense... just a terrible campaign with very few memorable moments. My love for the game has taken a big hit over the last 12 months.

There was absolutely a title race and relegation scrap, they just didn't go to the last game. VAR made more good decisions than bad. There has been some great games and great goals this season. Super League disillusioned me also but the fans being back for the last few games has given me a lift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only you could conjure a way to wield a conversation about the upcoming City v Chelsea CL Final into somehow talking up how good the Milan team of 2005 was (because Liverpool defeated them) :D

Great team it was though, some all time names in that lineup.
jod23 Ladies and Gentlemen.

The no fans was a killer. End of last season was like ok, just get through these last few games. But the pandemic just raged on and we've had to have an entire season without fans which has been absolutely shite.

Of course it's good as we want health and safety first but for enjoyable football, no fans, it kills it.

The no fans was a killer. End of last season was like ok, just get through these last few games. But the pandemic just raged on and we've had to have an entire season without fans which has been absolutely sh*te.

Of course it's good as we want health and safety first but for enjoyable football, no fans, it kills it.
Not for city that was their advantage in every game, they're use to that kind of atmosphere.

There was absolutely a title race and relegation scrap, they just didn't go to the last game. VAR made more good decisions than bad. There has been some great games and great goals this season. Super League disillusioned me also but the fans being back for the last few games has given me a lift.

The games in general have been very pedestrian, almost training like. A whole season of no fans is just horrible and goes to show just how important they are to the game.

VAR seemed to be much worse than last season.

A noticeable lift with fans coming back for the last few games. We're beyond lockdowns now surely in the pandemic timeline with those who are vulnerable getting vaccinated. Time to bring back fans next season and bring back real football. A proper pre season and not trying to cram a whole season in to a shorter campaign will make a huge difference next season.

I'm predicting results will normalise. There will be far less injuries and in general the game will be much better.

The games in general have been very pedestrian, almost training like. A whole season of no fans is just horrible and goes to show just how important they are to the game.

VAR seemed to be much worse than last season.

A noticeable lift with fans coming back for the last few games. We're beyond lockdowns now surely in the pandemic timeline with those who are vulnerable getting vaccinated. Time to bring back fans next season and bring back real football. A proper pre season and not trying to cram a whole season in to a shorter campaign will make a huge difference next season.

I'm predicting results will normalise. There will be far less injuries and in general the game will be much better.
The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Further, we didn't have enough time off for me to really miss football.

The quick turnaround killed it for me. Unless you had City's depth, your team was exhausted about 10 games into the season.

Reckon it played a part in why we petered out so badly in the last 3rd of the season. All those Europa qualifying games, EFL cup and the league.

10 games between 5/9 and 4/10 from memory. Utterly ****ed.

The 3 games in 6 days really was farcical (even if it was caused by protesting Utd supporters).

Also the league cup was totally unnecessary this season.

Maybe if you had a manager like Marcelo Bielsa who places a massive emphasis on fitness, your team would have gotten better better results.

Maybe if you had a manager like Marcelo Bielsa who places a massive emphasis on fitness, your team would have gotten better better results.
We came 2nd in the league and are in a European final with a mediocre team according to most on here. Bielsa is at his level in midtable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back