EPL Matchday 38

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
You really have an agenda against Sigurdsson.
He's not top quality and never was. Half his goals this year were penalties and he missed one. This season he had just 5 assist in the PL. Puts him equal 29th in the league, we payed 45m for him....

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am that confident of a City Champions Final win that I will change my Avatar to the Chelsea FC Logo from the end of the UCL final until the completion of next season's Premier League Season.

And I would Say the exact same thing if they played Madrid in the Cup Final.

And I realize I am setting myself up for a massive fall here, but this City outfit are the best team on the planet and they have spent and planned too much money and years not to fail at the final hurdle.

Anyhow best of luck to your lads, I have no regrets :)
Could you ban yourself instead if they win?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Could you ban yourself instead if they win?
We could only be so lucky.

Actually nah, that's a bit mean. As annoying as Elmer can be and he probably knows he is, at least he provides something in this forum. I assume this is how some people see me as well.

Most exciting season in 17 years.

No crowds definitely was s**t though. 5 week shorter season didn’t help the quality. Although 3 teams that were a fair bit off the pace from the rest didn’t help either.

Man City a stand out but I thought quite competitive after that between top 4-5 and way down to above relegation zone.

7 of 10 matches this round saw home teams win. Fans having an effect?
Even Sheffield won at home.
We haven't lost a home league game with a crowd since April 2017. As soon as the crowds get taken away we were losing left, right and centre.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
FB_IMG_1621982264543.jpg

I think it's a just a comeback to people saying we were the worst champions ever etc. Turns out Leicester, United and Chelsea twice couldnt manage it.
Did people say that?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Did people say that?

From memory quite a few. When it was pointed out that Leicester finished 12th & Chelsea 10th after winning the title I can't remember which poster it was but someone then claimed points differential as the basis for the worst defending champion. Which is ridiculous for obvious reasons.

It was definitely being thrown around when they'd lost 6 straight games at home.

I mean I think the context was "Worse defending champions at this point" because it was always pointed out Leicester and yourselves finished pretty far off first, but that at that point in the season they had been performing better. Don't think anyone was definitively calling them the worst defending champions.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I mean I think the context was "Worse defending champions at this point" because it was always pointed out Leicester and yourselves finished pretty far off first, but that at that point in the season they had been performing better. Don't think anyone was definitively calling them the worst defending champions.

Chelsea were in 10th place at the same stage of 2015/16. Leicester were 15th after Round 29 of 2016/17.

Back