EPL Matchday 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Game of two halves so draw a fair result. Annoying to not come away from that shithole without the 3 points though after being two up.

Our season won’t get going until we have our players back and this ******* window closes. Had we put away Newcastle it would have been a decent start to the season

Felt like a draw was fair on the balance of play.

Guendouzi MOTM, what a great game from him.

Xhaka needs to go ASAP, absolutely brain dead.

Our defence is still a mess, need Bellerin, Tierney and Holding to come in.

Auba and Laca banging in goals is great.

Kane still loves a dive in the box.

Are Spurs already out of the title race. It's one thing beating City and Liverpool to the title. It's another giving them a 5 and 7 point head start.
It’s a 2 horse title race, and I suspect will be one horse by March.

I barely even check the city or Liverpool results as they are almost irrelevant to our season

You know you can flop and hit someone right? Honestly the limited cranial capacity of some people is disturbing for the future of the human race. So limited on the one track you're unable to critically analyse anything and then when someone does you defend it like the Alamo.
Ok, critically analyse this.

He was pushed, off balance, by Zaha. He was stumbling when clipped Cahill. Cahill did grab his own leg. All fact.

He did not, at any stage, appeal for a pen or free kick (to be fair,couple of teammates did, I reckon they had a case). He did not turn and look at the ref, he watched and reacted to the play unfolding, getting straight to his feet and running to Lansbury after the strike. Again, facts.

Are these the actions of a dive? No. When a ball goes to a free player in the 95th minute, you focus on that. And that is what he focused on. At no stage did he focus on the ref, on a tackle, on a decision. His focus was the ball and where it was going.

Legends like Lineker are calling it one of the worst decisions they've seen, and you're having a crack at people about critical analysis. You have offered none. You're fishing in shallow waters with smelly bait.

Ok, critically analyse this.

He was pushed, off balance, by Zaha. He was stumbling when clipped Cahill. Cahill did grab his own leg. All fact.

He did not, at any stage, appeal for a pen or free kick (to be fair,couple of teammates did, I reckon they had a case). He did not turn and look at the ref, he watched and reacted to the play unfolding, getting straight to his feet and running to Lansbury after the strike. Again, facts.

Are these the actions of a dive? No. When a ball goes to a free player in the 95th minute, you focus on that. And that is what he focused on. At no stage did he focus on the ref, on a tackle, on a decision. His focus was the ball and where it was going.

Legends like Lineker are calling it one of the worst decisions they've seen, and you're having a crack at people about critical analysis. You have offered none. You're fishing in shallow waters with smelly bait.
Maybe you should read the rest of the thread than go off half cocked and miss vital information

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread than go off half cocked and miss vital information
I've read the thread mate. Maybe you should take in all the information instead of ignoring it when it doesn't suit your agenda.

I've read the thread mate. Maybe you should take in all the information instead of ignoring it when it doesn't suit your agenda.
You clearly haven't because you mentioned things I already rebutted as if I hadn't heard of them. You can dive and not appeal immediately to the ref if the ball goes to your teammate who subsequently puts the ball in the back of the net. Look at the action of his right leg after the minor contact with Cahill. Look at how his body doesn't turn, but instead goes flying forward. Biomechanics says no.

You clearly haven't because you mentioned things I already rebutted as if I hadn't heard of them. You can dive and not appeal immediately to the ref if the ball goes to your teammate who subsequently puts the ball in the back of the net. Look at the action of his right leg after the minor contact with Cahill. Look at how his body doesn't turn, but instead goes flying forward. Biomechanics says no.
He was already off balance and leaning fwd/stumbling from the Zaha push. If he wants to dive, he dives then. Not on second contact. Cahill also knew he stuffed up, that's why he grabbed at his leg.

Grealish was the most fouled player in the Championship last year, but he also has gone to ground easily on occasions. I get why people (not saying you, generalising here) take a set against him, and view him through a different lens.

What has happened here is the ref has judged Grealish on expected behaviour, not the incident at hand. And got it badly wrong.

If that was any other player on the pitch, the goal stands. It's subconcious from Friend, he was actually looking for a dive, which wasn't there. So instead of seeing the Zaha push, and contact with Cahill, his mind was made up. It's really poor officiating.

If you want to dive, you turn around instantly and appeal for the free. Instantly. Because in your head, that is what you are setting up. Grealish is watching the ball. It's not a dive.

And pardon me if I side with the 98% on this, including people like Lineker, Jenas, Cahill etc. Reckon they might be on to something.

Xhaka and Guendouzi are just nothing footballers.
Agree with xhaka you are pretty clearly wrong about guendouzi though the kid can play and is only 20 he's going to be brilliant.

Emery went too negative with that midfield though, should have swapped xhaka for ceballos/willock from the start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was already off balance and leaning fwd/stumbling from the Zaha push. If he wants to dive, he dives then. Not on second contact. Cahill also knew he stuffed up, that's why he grabbed at his leg.

Grealish was the most fouled player in the Championship last year, but he also has gone to ground easily on occasions. I get why people (not saying you, generalising here) take a set against him, and view him through a different lens.

What has happened here is the ref has judged Grealish on expected behaviour, not the incident at hand. And got it badly wrong.

If that was any other player on the pitch, the goal stands. It's subconcious from Friend, he was actually looking for a dive, which wasn't there. So instead of seeing the Zaha push, and contact with Cahill, his mind was made up. It's really poor officiating.

If you want to dive, you turn around instantly and appeal for the free. Instantly. Because in your head, that is what you are setting up. Grealish is watching the ball. It's not a dive.

And pardon me if I side with the 98% on this, including people like Lineker, Jenas, Cahill etc. Reckon they might be on to something.
Who cares what Lineker says, he's a complete knob. The fact remains he took some minor contact and threw himself to the ground as his fall goes against simple biomechanics. Similar to the archer's bow, it's an incorrect movement for a genuine fall.

Before the game I'd have taken a 2-2 draw in a heartbeat. Obviously going 2 up that is a bit disappointing. But away to a top 6 rival a draw is decent. Especially with no new signings ready to start yet.

Before the game I'd have taken a 2-2 draw in a heartbeat. Obviously going 2 up that is a bit disappointing. But away to a top 6 rival a draw is decent. Especially with no new signings ready to start yet.
That’s the key. We got new signings but none of them are playing. Plus we actually lost some first teamers, as well as having a few unsettled.

2 weeks off and the window closing will hopefully see our form improve.

Huh? probably MOTM have no idea what game you were watching.
I could ask you the same thing given you’ve already claimed, in a game you trailed for most of it, that you were the better side.
That’s the key. We got new signings but none of them are playing. Plus we actually lost some first teamers, as well as having a few unsettled.

2 weeks off and the window closing will hopefully see our form improve.
we lost 1. Trippier, and he’s no loss

Kane still loves a dive in the box.
On this, that incident happens anywhere outside the box and it's a foul. Kane got his body between defender and ball, using his leg to shield it, as the defender was challenging and sure he went down easily, but it's still a foul anywhere else on the pitch. In fact, Torreira got one for something very similar earlier on. He got himself between Spurs player and the ball, Spurs player barely made contact, and Torreira went down easily. It was called a foul. The difference? It wasn't in the box.

Also, what is VAR for if it's not to look at incidents from a set piece where there's too much for the ref to keep an eye on? Ceballos literally tackled Dele to the ground, which continued into the box, and yet VAR said it was a subjective decision not to award the penalty. The way it's used isn't right atm because the whole point about subjectivity is that it leads to mistakes.

Anyway, I would have been delighted had I been offered a point at the beginning of the game, but at the same time it's hard not to think about it as two dropped after being two up. Two points from away games at City and Arsenal is a great result in the first month. If not for that Newcastle game, we would be in a great position.

LOL in what world is this not a foul? If VAR says that it's a subjective decision to not award this, then it has to look at it because it's objectively wrong.

It might be because Dele is sort of wrestling with him too?
Is he? It looks like Dele's trying to run past him to make a run for the free kick. Ceballos isn't looking at the ball and is simply intent on tackling him while he's making a run.

Is he? It looks like Dele's trying to run past him to make a run for the free kick. Ceballos isn't looking at the ball and is simply intent on tackling him while he's making a run.
Well for a brief moment it sorta looks like Alli has an arm around him, around the 4 second mark.

It was very clumsy from Papa. I think Kane went down easily, but if it was a penalty I would not have complained.

Reckless and stupid challenge.
We had a similar one go our way with a non call against Lamela on Rodri against City. If paid by the ref it stands. But VAR will only overrule massive blunders which a non call isn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back