EPL Matchday 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I could ask you the same thing given you’ve already claimed, in a game you trailed for most of it, that you were the better side.

Your point being?

A penalty and a goal against the play in the first half, Arsenal were the better side.

And Guendouzi was BBC MOTM so....

Your point being?

A penalty and a goal against the play in the first half, Arsenal were the better side.

lol absolute nonsense. You went behind early.
Two things aren’t true, you being the better side and the French poodle being MOTM.

Your point being?

Arsenal the better side in the first half? What game were you watching? We’ve found ourselves the goona version of Jod I reckon

If Azpi is seen as a liability, surely he gets moved over to RCB, like similar to what he played under Conte?

Surely he's got a football brain still...

Rudiger is our RCB and hes back next match.

If Azpi cant perform as a fullback hes on the bench unfortunately. James is the future and Dave should be a great teacher/influence.

What could he do - Auba was goal side. If The cross was inch perfect, a little either way and it was in the keepers hand or cleared by the other defender.
Follow the run and at least make him have some pressure. Still unlikely to stop him but he let him ghost in

Unfortunatly for Harry Kane he’s not Mo Salah. Salah was getting penalties for much softer fouls last season than what Kane has copped the last 2 weeks.

Yes Kane is looking for contact, but that’s what top strikers do. Shield the ball and invite the defender to do something stupid. Socrates ended up laying on his back. Says it all about the foul.

Auba got one for a far more innocuous foul in the last NLD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Spurs already out of the title race. It's one thing beating City and Liverpool to the title. It's another giving them a 5 and 7 point head start.
It's laughable to suggest that but in the modern game it does seem to be true.

On this, that incident happens anywhere outside the box and it's a foul. Kane got his body between defender and ball, using his leg to shield it, as the defender was challenging and sure he went down easily, but it's still a foul anywhere else on the pitch. In fact, Torreira got one for something very similar earlier on. He got himself between Spurs player and the ball, Spurs player barely made contact, and Torreira went down easily. It was called a foul. The difference? It wasn't in the box.

Also, what is VAR for if it's not to look at incidents from a set piece where there's too much for the ref to keep an eye on? Ceballos literally tackled Dele to the ground, which continued into the box, and yet VAR said it was a subjective decision not to award the penalty. The way it's used isn't right atm because the whole point about subjectivity is that it leads to mistakes.

Anyway, I would have been delighted had I been offered a point at the beginning of the game, but at the same time it's hard not to think about it as two dropped after being two up. Two points from away games at City and Arsenal is a great result in the first month. If not for that Newcastle game, we would be in a great position.
VAR is a blight on the game. I love the goal line technology because that is just plain black and white but everything else just undermines referees.

I wouldn't mind VAR used strictly for offsides if the old rules were re-introduced but as they are now, some players are deemed to be onside whilst at other times, the exact same positioning of players is deemed to be offside.

If the powers that be are dinkum about VAR, then what should happen, for the integrity of the game, is that the game should be refereed entirely from a hermetically sealed television room and the on-field referee should only blow the whistle when he or she receives the signal from high above and is told where the free kick is to be taken from and why.

The reality is that VAR does more to ruin the integrity of the game than what it does to improve it because if it was used correctly, then just about every free kick into the penalty area and every corner, would produce a penalty. As it is now, you can get away with murder in some instances and in other instances, you get pinged.

Compare the pair.

Brave, lionhearted, brave, Anglo-Saxon Sir Harry MBE goes down easily in the area:
“He’s being professional”
“He knows what he’s doing. That’s why he’s a top striker”
“But what about Mo Salah?”

Nasty, cowardly foreign/black footballer goes down easily in the area:
“He’s a blight on the game and should be banned.”

Compare the pair.

Brave, lionhearted, brave, Anglo-Saxon Sir Harry MBE goes down easily in the area:

God I can’t stand people who have to bring race, ethnicity into literally everything. Biggest campaigners around

God I can’t stand people who have to bring race, ethnicity into literally everything. Biggest campaigners around
And using the lords name in vain... ?

Yes I hate it too I don't feel it's anything to do with race or anything but a difference of opinion and possible were the referee is in position to the incident and to that the assistant referee.

Compare the pair.

Is that you Ben Simmons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back