EPL Matchday 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Austria has pretty strict citizenship laws, one of the strictest in Europe. Based on the blood ties principle, but not as bad as the middle east. No matter how long you live in the UAE you can't get citizenship as a male.
Does he need citizenship to become an international?

So are pundits meant to give HG analysis and import analysis in separate segments?

Not denying that there is racial stereotypes in the English game but the compare the pair post comparing a comment that Salah gets those given and Kane initiated contact isn't a stereotype, they were two separate bits of commentary on a football matter. Anglo white players have been called divers in the past (Michael Owen comes to mind) so this isn't even a Dele/Sterling v Kane debate. Pundits are allowed to comment on matters and compare similar incidents that happen regardless of the race of the player
Bale was harshly done by refs his last season with us, because he dived once, refs obviously given direction not to give him anything

Had quite a few stonewalls not given, including a stonewall seen as a dive = yellow :$

Pretty sure we and Swansea were the only teams who got 0 penalties in the PL that year

I don't think it's a black or white thing, but I think English commentators have long looked the other way when an English player dives.

They see it as a foreign thing.

I do think people are too quick to see a dive in anything nowadays.

I haven't seen Kane's this week but already this season but last week people were talking about the one against Newcastle and calling it a dive. Rodri, Silva, Grealish have all been accused of diving when imo they were all pretty run of the mill fouls.

Last edited:
Austria has pretty strict citizenship laws, one of the strictest in Europe. Based on the blood ties principle, but not as bad as the middle east. Takes 30 years and arabic proficiency as a male.

My Father was born in Vienna and my Mum is Lebanese. Do I get in ? 🥴🥴🥴

I don't think it's a black or white thing, but I think English commentators have long looked the other way when an English player dives.

They see it as a foreign thing.

I do think people are too quick to see a dive in anything nowadays.

I haven't seen Kane's this week but already this season but last week people were talking about the one against Newcastle and calling it a dive. Rodri, Silva, Grealish have all been accused of diving when imo they were all pretty run of the mill fouls.
I've read in the past about James Maddison and Jamie Vardy being labelled divers. So has Dele Alli and Bale (British).

I've read in the past about James Maddison and Jamie Vardy being labelled divers. So has Dele Alli and Bale (British).
Not so much in the mainstream media imo. You might get the odd one calling players out but it's often couched in much friendlier terms than those foreigners (a bit naughty, or clever play vs disgraceful dive, we don't want that sort of thing in the game).

A lot of the vitriol from commentators is along club lines to. A supporter or former player of club A will slaughter a player from club B, but look the other way when his own teams player dives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barnes is Austrian isn't he?

*Edit, his grandmother is, but he was rejected a Austrian citizenship or something, so won't represent them at senior level (did at u20s)
There was a discussion on sky sports stating he wouldn't get the same opportunity playing for Burnley as Mason Mount does for Chelsea... If he wore a Chelsea (sorry Chelsea fans not picking on you) shirt and was in the same form would he be picked for England because he was in form and playing for Chelsea.

There was a discussion on sky sports stating he wouldn't get the same opportunity playing for Burnley as Mason Mount does for Chelsea... If he wore a Chelsea (sorry Chelsea fans not picking on you) shirt and was in the same form would he be picked for England because he was in form and playing for Chelsea.
Hard to say

Pope/Heaton have got into the England squad based on their efforts at Burnley haven't they?

Hard to say

Pope/Heaton have got into the England squad based on their efforts at Burnley haven't they?
Exactly, but not sure if it's sky just instigating or because they're both keepers and we have a shortage but Barnes isn't that Young and Mount is the future.

Hard to say

Yes but English goalkeepers weren't at top sides except for Joe Hart. Man United went from Van der Sar to De Gea, Arsenal from Lehman to the Poles and Cech, now Leno, Chelsea had Cech then Courtois, Liverpool haven't had an English keeper since Scott Carson in 2006.

You post fairly obviously racist s**t on a regular basis you ******* pillock. But yeah, have a whinge because you're the real victim here. Coward.

Who’s talking about victims? I’m talking about people who suck the atmosphere out of a room by bringing up race or any other trendy minority cause at every given opportunity just because they probably have a huge vacuum going on in their own lives.

You post fairly obviously racist s**t on a regular basis you ******* pillock. But yeah, have a whinge because you're the real victim here. Coward.

Shut up you parrot.

Oh hey, it's the have a go at a prominent black athlete in Australia crowd. Nothing off here at all. Nope, just a bunch of good blokes who like sport (complete deads**ts irl) raising 'legitimate concerns'.

Understand the context. See, for example Souness' comments about Kean. Was that ok, or is he a racist campaigner? It's quite obviously the latter, but I'm sure halfwits on the internet disagree.
Angry much? Deep breaths my friend, deep breaths

Exactly, but not sure if it's sky just instigating or because they're both keepers and we have a shortage but Barnes isn't that Young and Mount is the future.

Mount and Barnes play completely different positions.

Hard to say

Livermore and Maguire got their England caps almost as soon as they left us, so hard not to feel there is an agenda against certain teams.

Angry much? Deep breaths my friend, deep breaths
Why did you insert Ben Simmons into the discussion?
Who’s talking about victims? I’m talking about people who suck the atmosphere out of a room by bringing up race or any other trendy minority cause at every given opportunity just because they probably have a huge vacuum going on in their own lives.
'trendy minority cause'
yup, there it is again

Mount plays in a completely diffferent position, hes battling Maddison for spot.

But Tammy plays for Chelsea, same possie as Barnes, in the same form(4 goals each) but didnt get picked either.

Southgate(and Holland) had a bit to do with Mount at youf level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back