Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

Love this.

I wasn't aware of this place. I'll have to hang around.

#UTV

Every Bradesmaen and his dog while watching this.

209654.gif

Just don't understand how there's a market for watching a guy sit there and live stream him watching his team's matches.
There are so many who do it for some bizarre reason.
Most of the bigger clubs have channels dedicated to it.

Big shift in the e-sports community watching streams of people playing games on Twitch.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Big shift in the e-sports community watching streams of people playing games on Twitch.
Yeah but there's a difference between watching someone game where they have a PIP of them in the bottom corner while the game is the main thing. This is watching someone watch a game without being able to see the game. It's worse than radio

Weird that the bloke is such a big supporter but (I would assume) doesn't actually go to any of the games.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Weird that the bloke is such a big supporter but (I would assume) doesn't actually go to any of the games.
Makes money off of it though. People can donate during the stream and they can make shitloads of money. If you watch a stream you see the donations rolling in.

Found this online:

The United Stand is a British YouTube channel that has a net worth of $2.9 million dollars as of October 2020.

That comes from views mainly. Not donations which are outside of that AFAIK. I watch a guy play racing games everynow and then cause I like sim racing and I'm bored.. and during one of his 2-3 hour streams people donate anything from 1 pound to 100 pounds. He can easily earn say 500 pounds a stream, let alone all the monetized views from his channel (500k subscribers, not a lot) and any product he shills.

Makes money off of it though. People can donate during the stream and they can make shitloads of money. If you watch a stream you see the donations rolling in.

Yeah that makes sense that he's making money (otherwise why do it) but I just don't get who would do it.

For instance I see FPL guys who run streams and take questions if people donate $1 or whatever and that makes a bit more sense to me than the above.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeah that makes sense that he's making money (otherwise why do it) but I just don't get who would do it.

For instance I see FPL guys who run streams and take questions if people donate $1 or whatever and that makes a bit more sense to me than the above.
Edited my post :p

Yeah but there's a difference between watching someone game where they have a PIP of them in the bottom corner while the game is the main thing. This is watching someone watch a game without being able to see the game. It's worse than radio
Both are weird imo.

I'd rather find an illegal stream than watch a bloke gogglebox style.
Would rather spend money buying the game I like than giving streamers donations.

Just weird behaviour all round.

I dunno I don't mind watching some Youtube channels that involves them interacting with viewers who send in questions for $5 or whatever. I don't watch people play games but I can understand why some would, either to understand better how to play, or because they know the person playing from other content, or whatever.

Back