EPL Matchday 5 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's been outstanding and it won't take long why was it wrong for Chelsea supporters to assume he'd be in your first team reasonably quickly?

Because there’s generally a bedding in process for even senior players like Raphinha and like there will be for James, let alone a u/23 type signing.

He’s always been outstanding at u/23 level..

Not a hard concept I would have thought?

He trains with the first team already, our entire u/23 side does, which is what differentiates it to most other club setups and why a lot of young players have wanted to come across here in the last few seasons.

See Broja's appearance last weekend chef ? Looked very good, had real good pace for a bigger player as well.
Yeah, I've been following him pretty closely. Looks to have all the tools to become a quality CF and could save us a fortune.

Had a good start to his Soton career and also for his national team.

Yeah, I've been following him pretty closely. Looks to have all the tools to become a quality CF and could save us a fortune.

Had a good start to his Soton career and also for his national team.
Yeah be interesting to see if he becomes a starter ahead of Adams and Armstrong before the end of the season.

I have a sneaky feeling we'll be watching his progress considering our need for a striker to replace Antonio long term also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably should have been 3-4 in front in the first half but wasted good chances. Geordies probably worth the point in the end.

Our squads far too thin. If Ayling and Raphinha are out it’s going to be a struggle.

Our bench this morning was all U23s apart from Roberts.

We probably should have been 3-4 in front in the first half but wasted good chances. Geordies probably worth the point in the end.

Our squads far too thin. If Ayling and Raphinha are out it’s going to be a struggle.

Yeah seeing that bench was a bit of a shock, incredibly thin team which must be a worry. Antonio will be licking his lips next week against that backline.

The last 3 games between Burnley and Arsenal.

02 Feb 2020 Burnley 0 v 0 Arsenal
13 Dec 2020 Arsenal 0 v 1 Burnley
06 Mar 2021 Burnley 1 v 1 Arsenal

If Arsenal lose this one Pep Lite will be under a lot of pressure.

First half was very frustrating. Summerville looked alright when he came on.

Surely another club puts a bid in for Saint-Maximin at some point.

Surprised they haven't already.

Would Liverpool go for Raphinha in January? You were linked to him previously I think, and surely you guys need a bit more depth.

Surprised they haven't already.

Would Liverpool go for Raphinha in January? You were linked to him previously I think, and surely you guys need a bit more depth.
Yeah we were in the past, I've seen us linked with Adeyemi from Salzburg a few days ago.

Reminds me of the Zaha at Palace situation.

Newcastle probably wouldn't sell for less than 60M.

I kind of think if say Kane left Spurs and they had a lot of cash to spend, he'd be a potential target.

I'd say he's worth that. Not sure what club would be interested though. Maybe Everton?

I'd say he's worth that. Not sure what club would be interested though. Maybe Everton?
Pre FFP impacted Everton definitely, now I wouldn't be so sure, unless they sold Richarlison and could be a straight swap perhaps.

I wondered if Villa would have made a play for him when they sold Grealush but went a different route.

I throw in Arsenal because they've been spending especially if Lacazette and Aubameyang leave, but they'd need European football to tempt him I'd imagine.

Didn’t notice it during the game but why VAR didn’t award a penalty for the foul on Dan James is baffling. Surely that was a clear and obvious foul in the box??

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back