EPL Matchday 5

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
So like every other top club basically, everyone seems defensively fragile currently. Wonder why? Are other teams better propped up offensively?

5 games in is not a lot of data, maybe I'll make judgement on this after 10 games and say the first 5 were an aberration
For us I think it's because of Alisson hasn't played at all bar 30mins. Also Arnold needs to improve his defending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
So like every other top club basically, everyone seems defensively fragile currently. Wonder why? Are other teams better propped up offensively?

5 games in is not a lot of data, maybe I'll make judgement on this after 10 games and say the first 5 were an aberration
I don't know if we are defensively fragile. Probably just trying to settle into the new season without Ali at the back.

I think we will be more than fine defensively. Particularly once we get back Alisson.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's not about having the balls. It's about having players with the technique to get out of it.
Bit of both. Norwich aren’t exactly top of the pile when it comes to technically gifted sides, if they can do it then others can.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
City without Laporte do not look as comfortable in bringing the ball out of defence, so there should be chances at least for other teams to do a Norwich. At this point I’d say they are not replicating another 99+ point season. If Liverpool can maintain last seasons form they’ll win the league for me

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
City without Laporte do not look as comfortable in bringing the ball out of defence, so there should be chances at least for other teams to do a Norwich. At this point I’d say they are not replicating another 99+ point season. If Liverpool can maintain last seasons form they’ll win the league for me
Remember last season they lost 4 in 9 between matchday 16 and 24 (including 3 in 4 in December), and they still finished with 98 points.

This is a minor speed bump by comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom