EPL Matchday 5

Remove this Banner Ad

So like every other top club basically, everyone seems defensively fragile currently. Wonder why? Are other teams better propped up offensively?

5 games in is not a lot of data, maybe I'll make judgement on this after 10 games and say the first 5 were an aberration
For us I think it's because of Alisson hasn't played at all bar 30mins. Also Arnold needs to improve his defending.

So like every other top club basically, everyone seems defensively fragile currently. Wonder why? Are other teams better propped up offensively?

5 games in is not a lot of data, maybe I'll make judgement on this after 10 games and say the first 5 were an aberration
I don't know if we are defensively fragile. Probably just trying to settle into the new season without Ali at the back.

I think we will be more than fine defensively. Particularly once we get back Alisson.

It's not about having the balls. It's about having players with the technique to get out of it.

Bit of both. Norwich aren’t exactly top of the pile when it comes to technically gifted sides, if they can do it then others can.

Last edited:
City without Laporte do not look as comfortable in bringing the ball out of defence, so there should be chances at least for other teams to do a Norwich. At this point I’d say they are not replicating another 99+ point season. If Liverpool can maintain last seasons form they’ll win the league for me

City without Laporte do not look as comfortable in bringing the ball out of defence, so there should be chances at least for other teams to do a Norwich. At this point I’d say they are not replicating another 99+ point season. If Liverpool can maintain last seasons form they’ll win the league for me

Remember last season they lost 4 in 9 between matchday 16 and 24 (including 3 in 4 in December), and they still finished with 98 points.

This is a minor speed bump by comparison.

Remember last season they lost 4 in 9 between matchday 16 and 24 (including 3 in 4 in December), and they still finished with 98 points.

This is a minor speed bump by comparison.

They dropped three points after December 29. How can anyone compete with that?

They dropped three points after December 29. How can anyone compete with that?
How many points have Liverpool dropped since the start of March?

A club on a 14 match winning streak shouldn't be feeling they can't compete with anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back