EPL Matchday 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The overreaction to the VVD injury has been bizarre. Talks of rule changes, VAR, Keith Hackett even saying that Liverpool should sue Pickford.

You'd think it was the first time a player had been crocked by a shitty tackle.

Remember back a few years, we had loads of leg breakers not punished and Pep said that we need to start protecting players. He was to told to stop moaning, and I think Colin w***er just said "welcome to England".
All this bleating would be a little more understandable if it weren’t CLEARLY unintentional. Pickford’s gone for the ball and taken the man. It’s sad for VVD but this talk of suing or reporting Pickford to the police is laughable. It’s a game of football. Accidents happen.

All this bleating would be a little more understandable if it weren’t CLEARLY unintentional. Pickford’s gone for the ball and taken the man. It’s sad for VVD but this talk of suing or reporting Pickford to the police is laughable. It’s a game of football. Accidents happen.

You must be new to football. His eyes are clearly on Van Dijk, not the ball. Its not a football challenge on an attempt to save, thats laughable. Find me another keeper who launches themselves two footed at their opponent and scissor kicks them at the end of the challenge for good measure. I bet you'll struggle to find another keeper anywhere do that.

Nobody is seriously suggesting legal action from Liverpool or reporting Pickford to police. This was no accident, it is in the same catergory of tackle as Roy Keane and Kevin Muscat and needs stamping out.

Its done and dusted as far as Liverpool are concerned. Just hope another player isnt taken out by Pickford, he actually has a history of this.

Last edited:

You must be new to football. His eyes are clearly on Van Dijk, not the ball. Its not a football challenge on an attempt to save, thats laughable. Find me another keeper who launches themselves two footed at their opponent and scissor kicks them at the end of the challenge for good measure. I bet you'll struggle to find another keeper anywhere do that.

Nobody is seriously suggesting legal action from Liverpool or reporting Pickford to police. This was no accident, it is in the same catergory of tackle as Roy Keane and Kevin Muscat and needs stamping out.

Its done and dusted as far as Liverpool are concerned. Just hope another player isnt taken out by Pickford, he actually has a history of this.
I was an Everton season ticket holder before I came to Australia. I’ve been to more English football matches than you’ve had hot dinners, pal.

You’re making a fool of yourself by putting his challenge in the same bracket as Keane / Muscat.

Of all the horrible tackles over the years I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reaction like this. There have been dozens of worse tackles in Merseyside Derbies in the last decade alone.

It was a bad tackle and had VVD not been offside, a red card could not have been complained about. But them’s the breaks son. Give up complaining.

I was an Everton season ticket holder before I came to Australia. I’ve been to more English football matches than you’ve had hot dinners, pal.

You’re making a fool of yourself by putting his challenge in the same bracket as Keane / Muscat.

Of all the horrible tackles over the years I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reaction like this. There have been dozens of worse tackles in Merseyside Derbies in the last decade alone.

It was a bad tackle and had VVD not been offside, a red card could not have been complained about. But them’s the breaks son. Give up complaining.

There's been plenty of horrible tackles by both sides. Certainly Everton in recent times have ramped it up in that regard, there's no denying that.

It's not Liverpool fans that are strongly condemning the tackle, it's all facets of the media, including ones that are traditionally anti Liverpool. And rightly so, this is easily the worst tackle in the PL for quite some time. If you think lunging at an opponent with two feet and scissor kicking them at the end of the tackle is just a normal tackle you are making an absolute fool of yourself. Show us another example of a keeper lunging in like that nowhere near the ball. The fact you mention offside as a factor in the red card shows how ignorant you are about the whole scenario, that makes zero difference to serious foul play red cards. This was not a typical poor attempt at playing the ball type tackle.

Finally you have no idea who I am. My wife is from Merseyside. My sister in law is married to a blue who works on the Merseyside Police force. He's horrified about the challenge and says it's the worst he's seen in a MSD. I've been to plenty of games, spent 6 months over there.

As I said as far as Liverpool are concerned they're done with it and have moved on. The only concern now is that Pickford doesn't maim another player, I wouldn't wish his tackle on my worst enemy. Otherwise all Liverpool fans are very keen for him to keep playing as many games as possible for Everton.

The overreaction to the VVD injury has been bizarre. Talks of rule changes, VAR, Keith Hackett even saying that Liverpool should sue Pickford.

You'd think it was the first time a player had been crocked by a shitty tackle.

Remember back a few years, we had loads of leg breakers not punished and Pep said that we need to start protecting players. He was to told to stop moaning, and I think Colin w***er just said "welcome to England".

I honestly agree with you for the most part. It was a unique situation in which had VVD not been offside Pickford probably gets sent off and it's a penalty, that drew even more attention to the incident and sparked debates about rules and laws (not trying to re-open that can of worms again)

It reminds me of the 2018 Champions League final where Ramos injured Salah's shoulder and there were laughable and cringey petitions to have the game replayed and lawyers were talking about suing Ramos etc. In this day and age everyone has a voice, and unfortunately the people who scream the loudest are usually the ones who come up with stuff like this.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back