EPL Matchday 6 - On Optus Sport

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Damn. I thought it would take Levy 3 months before regretting not selling Harry Kane for £150 million. Getting that sort of money and then fixing some of the holes in the squad in the same window, likely means Spurs don’t lose to Arsenal 3-1. What a catastrophe.

Only Levy could screw up not selling Harry Kane 😂

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Damn. I thought it would take Levy 3 months before regretting not selling Harry Kane for £150 million. Jeez, getting that sort of money and then fixing some of the holes in the squad in the same window, likely means Spurs don’t lose to Arsenal 3-1. What a catastrophe.

Only Levy could screw up not selling Harry Kane 😂
This is what happens when you treat people badly. Tried to swindle the Kane's into believing they'd be looked after. Now we are all ****ed. Charlie and Harry naively believed Levy and miss out on maximising their earnings and winning a trophy in their career. Levy leaves Spurs getting worse for about the 3rd or 4th summer running

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
When the arsenal fans sang "stand up if you hate Tottenham" I'm pretty sure half the away end stood up and Harry Kane got up after his penalty shout got waved away

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Heard Spurs have the lowest running stats and one of the lower shots on goal in the PL so far.

Early days for Nuno but if the players aren't working hard for him, that's not a good sign.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Heard Spurs have the lowest running stats and one of the lower shots on goal in the PL so far.

Early days for Nuno but if the players aren't working hard for him, that's not a good sign.
From the eye test that sounds about right.

Tanguy Ndombele was hunched over on his knees two mins into the 2nd half.

I'm not a fan of Nuno at all. But we have set him up to fail too. We should have handed back our entry into the made up 3rd tier Euro cup and given him at least half a chance, and then get get to work with this squad between PL weekend games.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
chef The recent bumping of the Spurs will win the league thread has worked an absolute treat once again.
I'd love to take the credit but that was RossFC

Seems Spurs are back to being the mid table let downs we all knew and loved before Poch dragged them up for a while.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Sums it up for me. Normally I'd be raging at the sight of that HT scoreline. This morning I could barely even muster the effort to shake my head. Thought I'd enjoy Brentford being up because I could experience a side I'd care a little for where top half would be a huge achievement. Little did I know my actual club is in the same boat!

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Refreshing watch when I woke up.

That is probably the best half Arsenal have played in a long time, maybe since Wenger? Everything was just flowing so well.

2nd half was pretty ehh but managed the game well enough.

Every player played their part. Particularly happy with our signings in the starting team, Ramsdale and Tomiyasu were great.

ESR as well had a great game. His finishing is probably the one stick you can beat him with, but that first was crisp by him.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
From the eye test that sounds about right.

Tanguy Ndombele was hunched over on his knees two mins into the 2nd half.

I'm not a fan of Nuno at all. But we have set him up to fail too. We should have handed back our entry into the made up 3rd tier Euro cup and given him at least half a chance, and then get get to work with this squad between PL weekend games.
That's the thing, the longer it took to make the decision, the less time he gets to make any imprint.

I always remember Moyes saying when he took over mid season he didn't want to play so defensive etc. But the players had that trained in them and it took a proper pre season to really get out of that.

At least you looked better when Skipp came on and actually gave Hojberg some help I suppose....

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
That's the thing, the longer it took to make the decision, the less time he gets to make any imprint.

I always remember Moyes saying when he took over mid season he didn't want to play so defensive etc. But the players had that trained in them and it took a proper pre season to really get out of that.

At least you looked better when Skipp came on and actually gave Hojberg some help I suppose....
We won't have many training sessions until we are out of the cups. Season is a complete write off from the start. Throw in the Euros/Copa America delayed start to pre season for many and the transfer saga and this has the makings of an absolute cluster *.

I was #NoNoToNuno from the start because it was clear as day that this was the sort of football we'd play. Took some a little while to get up to speed but I doubt there's many who actually want him in the job. This is a guy that was linked to the Fenerbache and Palace jobs at the end of last season. He is now even below Tactics Timmy Sherwood in who I want in charge. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I'd be happy for us to sack Nuno and bring in Sherwood tomorrow!

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
We won't have many training sessions until we are out of the cups. Season is a complete write off from the start. Throw in the Euros/Copa America delayed start to pre season for many and the transfer saga and this has the makings of an absolute cluster fu**.

I was #NoNoToNuno from the start because it was clear as day that this was the sort of football we'd play. Took some a little while to get up to speed but I doubt there's many who actually want him in the job. This is a guy that was linked to the Fenerbache and Palace jobs at the end of last season. He is now even below Tactics Timmy Sherwood in who I want in charge. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I'd be happy for us to sack Nuno and bring in Sherwood tomorrow!
Might be time to start bringing back that list.... ;)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Might be time to start bringing back that list.... ;)
I know who Nuno will be 1 spot behind....

1632692417654.png

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
For all his professionalism that everyone goes on about, Harry Kane is playing like someone who just does not want to be there.
Double edged sword.

Playing like that because he clearly is someone who does not want to be there.

Playing as a ST in the 20th best attacking side this season doesn't help either.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Worst start to a season ever and still above Spurs

hawkman

Last season you won 4 of your first 14 leagues fixtures (on 14 points), Spurs were 2nd after MD 13 (on 25 points) and you still managed to finish 1 point behind them. Imagine how far ahead of them you will finish this season after not given them a massive head start? 😂

Back