glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Kane certainly looks checked out. Didn’t even muster his usual tough guy challenge when things don’t go his way.

Still, I always chalk him down for a goal or assist in an NLD. This particular assist for Saka though was a thing of beauty.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Kane certainly looks checked out. Didn’t even muster his usual tough guy challenge when things don’t go his way.

Still, I always chalk him down for a goal or assist in an NLD. This particular assist for Saka though was a thing of beauty.
Wonder if City will still offer £100m for him come winter.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
1632700548400.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't they score from just about their only shot?
It was better than that. City game was fine, defended well and had a couple of chances. Wolves battered us for 60 minutes though and then Watford we were better than them but could only score from a free kick that the keeper should have saved

Scored 4 goals in 6 games. 1 was a penalty and then the free kick mentioned above.

It was better than that. City game was fine, defended well and had a couple of chance. Wolves battered us for 60 minutes though and then Watford we were better than but could only score from a free kick that the keeper should have saved

Scored 4 goals in 6 games. 1 was a penalty and then the free kick mentioned above.

Yes you played about as expected against City, but that was still a ~35% possession, minimal shots on target game, so can't really be called a 'good' performance.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes you played about as expected against City, but that was still a ~35% possession, minimal shots on target game, so can't really be called a 'good' performance.
Disagree, against City that is a good performance especially as City didn't create much themselves

Disagree, against City that is a good performance especially as City didn't create much themselves

Definitely, I just meant that the signs were there from the first week that you weren't going to be a high volume of shots, high possession side, it was perhaps just masked by it being City so being as expected. You tend to have a good record against them.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
The City game was our only good performance so far. And even that took a lucky deflection winner for us. City were more poor than we were good on the day. Since then it's been getting worse each time we step foot on the pitch.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Have Arsenal actually turned the corner this time? Can have a real crack this season with no European commitments.
Hard to tell beat burnley, norwich and spurs who have been on a downhill spiral ever since the Kane debacle.

Hard to tell beat burnley, norwich and spurs who have been on a downhill spiral ever since the Kane debacle.

For me it's more about the style of play, ESR and Saka look very lively. Will be interesting seeing them against Brighton next week.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
For me it's more about the style of play, ESR and Saka look very lively. Will be interesting seeing them against Brighton next week.
True, all of them came to play today tbf, but to a high pressing team to play from the back they'll get punished hard. Brighton are in cloud nine atm so should be interesting to see how they fare against them.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have Arsenal actually turned the corner this time? Can have a real crack this season with no European commitments.
Not jumping the gun yet. Still 10th and probably deservedly so. This week against Brighton away will be a good test as they are in some pretty good form. Win that, it's 4 wins in a row, and then I will begin to believe we are approaching a corner.

Back