EPL Matchday 7

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is surprised by City’s atrocious record against Arsenal then they shouldn’t be. Before the oil they were on West Ham’s level. Same can be said of Chelsea

That was a pretty atrocious game tonight. Two clubs with a hell of a lot of catching up to do. The clubs have fallen massively since the 2000’s

If anyone is surprised by City’s atrocious record against Arsenal then they shouldn’t be. Before the oil they were on West Ham’s level. Same can be said of Chelsea

That was a pretty atrocious game tonight. Two clubs with a hell of a lot of catching up to do. The clubs have fallen massively since the 2000’s
Chelsea were top 4/5 material before Abramovich to be fair. They used to kick our arse regularly too.

Don't know if this was urban myth but I have heard the deal only went through because Chelsea qualified for champions League over Liverpool. Thanks in part to City beating Liverpool at Anfield in the second to last game of the season.

Possibly (probably) the last time we've won there.

Chelsea were top 4/5 material before Abramovich to be fair. They used to kick our arse regularly too.

Don't know if this was urban myth but I have heard the deal only went through because Chelsea qualified for champions League over Liverpool. Thanks in part to City beating Liverpool at Anfield in the second to last game of the season.

True, but that was achieved off the back of the cash injection by Matthew Harding, which was a substantial amount back then and probably only behind the money Blackburn received and perhaps Newcastle with Sir John Hall. Before that the club was a joke with a ground almost in disrepair and a large hooligan element following them. The team used to bounce between the top two tiers in the 70’s and 80’s and were miles behind spurs and arsenal as a club.

Yes I’ve heard that rumour about abramovich too. Plus he wanted to buy a football club after being enthralled by a Man Utd/Real Madrid CL match

Yeah we were in that 3-6 bracket for about a decade before Roman and were winning cups too.

And yeah thats how the story goes, that win got us Roman.

Still sitting in 4th so can't complain too much.

Pretty uninspired stuff out there though. Auba bails us out again. Emery would want to improve the play by Christmas, otherwise can see him out the door.

Bournemouth at home next.

Our position on the table is misleading. The football we’re playing is absolutely insipid - Arsenal could easily finish out of the European places all together this season.

Don’t forget Ken Bates sold Chelsea for one whole English pound due to the debts lol. They won the lottery simple as. Probably a less deserving a club you could find considering how awful their fan base was back then. Had Abramovich known the history of the anti-semitism that existed there I wonder whether he would have bought the club

Yep we won the lottery and the rest is history. Lucky us.
When people win the lottery the least you can hope for is they are decent and honest - hell I’d say City were such an example of that analogy. Not you though. You were this guy, who was one of the UK’s first big lottery winners and an utter chav campaigner

A6ACC1A9-2D00-4307-B6B0-EBB518032374.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When people win the lottery the least you can hope for is they are decent and honest - hell I’d say City were such an example of that analogy. Not you though. You were this guy, who was one of the UK’s first big lottery winners and an utter chav campaigner

View attachment 756314
Haha nice.

Am I allowed to say Pepe is rubbish yet?

The Arsenal fans who watched heaps of Lille games and said Pepe was top quality in the summer ranged in the tens of thousands. It doesn’t feel right not to believe them.

Anyone see the off side call against Aubameyang on his goal.

Thank god for VAR. Would've been criminal for that goal not to stand.

VAR will give that a goal and it’ll be 1-1.

How can the linesman not get that right? Aubameyang was about one metre onside.

I just seen that at work. Appalling by the lino and why wasnt he waiting for the goal to go in before flagging as instructed? Had the ref blown the whistle before the ball went in the goal would have been disallowed.

Anyone see the off side call against Aubameyang on his goal.

Thank god for VAR. Would've been criminal for that goal not to stand.
o8ztol86lsp31.png

I just seen that at work. Appalling by the lino and why wasnt he waiting for the goal to go in before flagging as instructed? Had the ref blown the whistle before the ball went in the goal would have been disallowed.

Arsenal would have been filthy if Aubameyang stopped playing if he saw it was offside or if it was indeed whistled. Without VAR there would have been a riot I am sure.

Look where the linesman is looking. His head should be across the line where Harry is. But why should he care anyway? VAR will bail a linesman out. Waste of time but...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back