EPL Matchday 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly no idea why the uproar with the Salah penalty. So a football player was barely touched and went down in the box to win a penalty. Welcome to football. It happens at every level and at every club.
Salah is a serial offender. Yeah, the foul was there, it was dumb from Masusku, but Salah flops around like a fish out of water at the slightest contact. Great player, that is undeniable, but he's creeping to Neymar levels.

Salah is a serial offender. Yeah, the foul was there, it was dumb from Masusku, but Salah flops around like a fish out of water at the slightest contact. Great player, that is undeniable, but he's creeping to Neymar levels.
Disagree but you can have your opinion.

Either way it was a penalty and we scored and we won the game so all is well.

Honestly no idea why the uproar with the Salah penalty. So a football player was barely touched and went down in the box to win a penalty. Welcome to football. It happens at every level and at every club.
Does it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you even watch football.... it literally just happened a few minutes ago as Ayling swan dived with zero contact. At least Salah was hit from behind.

Diving is a curse on the sport and it's widespread. Minimal contact, go down. Happens everywhere at every club.
Sorry no wasn't watching, did leeds get a pen then?

If it's a curse why should we accept it?

No the ref didnt fall for the swan dive. Should have seen yellow but somehow got away with it.

I dont accept it. I think everyone doesnt accept it. We all hate it. But we cant do anything about it.

Aylings a serial offender for flopping around on the field to win free kicks. If you are not going to give yellow cards out, you will never stamp it out. The only reason he didn’t get a card I presume is because he didn’t appeal for the penalty. Still should have got one.

2nd best tonight. Showed good signs in the second half but have to take chances against good sides.
Don’t have the depth to afford injuries to Rodrigo and Raphinha, Bamford having a shocker and subbing Pablo off.

A penalty is an almost certain goal. But the laws of the game don't differentiate between fouls outside and inside the box. i think we have moved too far in awarding free kicks, including penalties, for any slight contact.

Tackling someone from behind has been and always will be a pen. These sorts of fouls happen every week. Even in the very same game Salah was pressuring a defender who went down from an ankle tap (it may even have been Masuaku) when it looked like Salah could win possession on the edge of the box. Not a single mention of it.

The overreaction to a typical foul really is staggering.

Tackling someone from behind has been and always will be a pen. These sorts of fouls happen every week. Even in the very same game Salah was pressuring a defender who went down from an ankle tap (it may even have been Masuaku) when it looked like Salah could win possession on the edge of the box. Not a single mention of it.

The overreaction to a typical foul really is staggering.

No the ref didnt fall for the swan dive. Should have seen yellow but somehow got away with it.

I dont accept it. I think everyone doesnt accept it. We all hate it. But we cant do anything about it.

I don’t hate it. I admire the mentality. If Salah doesn’t make the most of it then he doesn’t get the penalty and we probably don’t win that game.

You do accept it.

You are an apologist for the worst player in the PL at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back