Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
They should never downgrade.

If it wasn't worthy of a straight red (I've not seen it) he should be free to play.

I was of the understanding that serious foul play is an automatic 3 game ban. Strange to see a suspension upheld but reduced to 1 game.

No Digne or Richarlison on the left, hopefully we just go for fearless youth with Nkounkou and Gordon starting

mate, Pogba is worth more than your whole squad, we dont need to pay var

Pogb is just a French Gylfi Sigurdsson, sit down

I was of the understanding that serious foul play is an automatic 3 game ban. Strange to see a suspension upheld but reduced to 1 game.
They've done it 3 times as far as I can remember. Disagreed with all three tbh.

One was a Chelsea player (can't remember who) who shoved an opponent after a bad tackle. Second was Son last year, this is the third.

Its a dangerous thing to do imo.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
They've done it 3 times as far as I can remember. Disagreed with all three tbh.

One was a Chelsea player (can't remember who) who shoved an opponent after a bad tackle. Second was Son last year, this is the third.

Its a dangerous thing to do imo.

Son red card was completely overturned IIRC.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stand corrected. Disagree with that as well fwiw.

I see Matic got his 3 game ban for violent conduct reduced to 2, I guess the decision must have been that the poor tackle on him was a mitigating circumstance.

That means Digne is the only player ever to have a red card suspension reduced but still upheld. This could open the floodgates to appeals galore.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
He's 27 now. Hasn't really hit the heights many would have hoped I am guessing, considering how good he looked at Juventus.
He did have his best season with us though in terms of goals assists etc.

I think Juve he looked good because he was playing in a system of freedom and he was able to roam forward more often whereas Ole, unfortunately is sticking to playing him as a 6.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Antonio might be able to play. He was taken off as a precaution when his hammy tightened. Same as in the Spurs game. Benrahma on the bench maybe?
He's probably due a break in any case, and really this is probably the best fixture of the season to do so really.

Last thing we want is for him to tear it again and miss half the season which he's done previously.

Hoping Said makes the bench this time out at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I see Matic got his 3 game ban for violent conduct reduced to 2, I guess the decision must have been that the poor tackle on him was a mitigating circumstance.

That means Digne is the only player ever to have a red card suspension reduced but still upheld. This could open the floodgates to appeals galore.

Preston player Tom Barkhuizen had a three match ban reduced to one after getting a straight red.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Evans and Castagne are out for Leicester. Will even the ledger slightly.

Back