EPL Matchday 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You keep saying "it's just a part of the game" as if players shouldn't be criticised and held to account for it..
They should be criticised. Salah is getting criticised right now in this thread about it. But he's no different than any other footballer, so what I'm saying is if you wanna criticise Salah, then criticise Kane too or Sterling or any top footballers...

Interesting take, never heard that argued before. Sounds like you don't actually have a problem with diving, but with referees who fall for it.

What?

That is the strangest line of argument I've ever heard. Because I'm satisfied with refs punishing players I'm advocating diving?

They should be criticised. Salah is getting criticised right now in this thread about it. But he's no different than any other footballer, so what I'm saying is if you wanna criticise Salah, then criticise Kane too or Sterling or any top footballers...

And you're crying about it.

Move on Jod.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What?

That is the strangest line of argument I've ever heard. Because I'm satisfied with refs punishing players I'm advocating diving?

You said you had no issue with the Leeds player diving because it wasn't good enough to con the referee. Surely whether it's a "successful" dive or not is irrelevant?

You said you had no issue with the Leeds player diving because it wasn't good enough to con the referee. Surely whether it's a "successful" dive or not is irrelevant?

Did I?

I said that it wasn't bad because it didn't result in a pen. What a bizarre road you're trying to walk this down.

Jod tried to use Ayling's dive to excuse Salah's. One resulted in a pen one didn't. The example he was giving (Ayling) was refereed correctly and demonstrated the issue people had with Salah's being given. It was a dumb example. You now trying to twist it is arguably even stranger.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Did I?

I said that it wasn't bad because it didn't result in a pen. What a bizarre road you're trying to walk this down.

Jod tried to use Ayling's dive to excuse Salah's. One resulted in a pen one didn't. The example he was giving (Ayling) was refereed correctly and demonstrated the issue people had with Salah's being given. It was a dumb example. You now trying to twist it is arguably even stranger.
You make up stuff all the time. Haha... :D

You make up stuff all the time. Haha... :D

Huh?

Ive looked back through the thread and i still dont get the overreaction apart from it being posted by Zidane98

Just ignore his posts or dont engage him, i cant go banning posters just because you dont like them.

A referee will give out a yellow for an accumulation of fouls, not just for a bad challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
This thread? You mean this board? Would probably take a few days mate.
If hes bothering you that much put him on ignore.

I dont see this issue atm, RossFC and Loonerty do you guys?

He was banned a couple of weeks back and hasnt carried on like last time to Zidane98 credit.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did I?

What interest would I have in twisting things or walking down roads? I asked if you thought diving was only bad if the player gets caught, to which you said "of course". I just find that interesting, and is something I've never heard before.

What interest would I have in twisting things or walking down roads? I asked if you thought diving was only bad if the player gets caught, to which you said "of course". I just find that interesting, and is something I've never heard before.

You mean if a player isn't caught? What are you even trying to argue?

Jod said Salah diving is no worse than Ayling.. Spot the difference. I said it's bad if a player dives and is given a pen, how is that difficult to understand?

If hes bothering you that much put him on ignore.

I dont see this issue atm, RossFC and Loonerty do you guys?

He was banned a couple of weeks back and hasnt carried on like last time to Zidane98 credit.
If someone takes a pot at Liverpool, my advice to Zidane98 is to just let it go rather than jumping in to the clubs defence all the time. Would save everyone the time of the repeated arguments. I don't think anyone is doing anything wrong here, it's just a tedious situation.

Also for what it's worth, I do believe Salah dives. Sometimes he dives with no contact, sometimes he milks a situation that does have contact and sometimes he actually is fouled. It's a mixed bag. In the latest situation I think he milked the contact to get a pen.

With the Leeds situation this morning, I would have given that a yellow.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You mean if a player isn't caught? What are you even trying to argue?

Jod said Salah diving is no worse than Ayling.. Spot the difference. I said it's bad if a player dives and is given a pen, how is that difficult to understand?

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just asking a question.

So the difference is that players can be absolved of criticism if their dive wasn't good enough to con the referee? As I said, I find that an interesting take and one I haven't heard before but I have no interest in trying to change your opinion. I was just curious.

Has he really been that bad this thread?
Compared to other matchdays. Probably not.

But that’s like asking if Faith’s trolling this matchday was as bad as prior. Its the accumulation. The defence of every LFC free kick, pen or controversial decision for/against.

I have no issue with anyone personally, reckon this board has a good mix of people and no one is inherently dislikable as a person. Posting styles is another discussion.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just asking a question.

So the difference is that players can be absolved of criticism if their dive wasn't good enough to con the referee? As I said, I find that an interesting take and one I haven't heard before but I have no interest in trying to change your opinion. I was just curious.
No?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Compared to other matchdays. Probably not.

But that’s like asking if Faith’s trolling this matchday was as bad as prior. Its the accumulation. The defence of every LFC free kick, pen or controversial decision for/against.

I have no issue with anyone personally, reckon this board has a good mix of people and no one is inherently dislikable as a person. Posting styles is another discussion.
Ding ding ding ding

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
But why should someone be put on ignore by various people when they are the one doing the wrong thing?

It'd be like a ref saying "mate just don't go near him if his fouling of you is causing you issues"
Can you quote the posts in this thread you have a problem with please mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back