EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

What the actual fu**? How can that goal be given?!

How on Earth is Salah not part of the play?

If that rule is considered correct then it needs rethinking.
And yet in the Euros there was a goal ruled offside for basically the same premise and people lost their minds. In my opinion, thats 100% offside. Watford defender doesn't touch the ball if the flag is raised for offside and therefore no goal occurs. Salah 100% is in the play.

Watford have only committed 2 fouls for the whole match when they've had 20% possession. That's an utter joke.

Great discipline. Clean tackles.

And yet in the Euros there was a goal ruled offside for basically the same premise and people lost their minds. In my opinion, thats 100% offside. Watford defender doesn't touch the ball if the flag is raised for offside and therefore no goal occurs. Salah 100% is in the play.
Just looking up the rules, I think they went with the view that Salah wasn't interfering with play as he didn't touch it, and didn't interfere with his opponent as he wasn't obstructing any view, and the defender made a play on the ball.

Just looking up the rules, I think they went with the view that Salah wasn't interfering with play as he didn't touch it, and didn't interfere with his opponent as he wasn't obstructing any view, and the defender made a play on the ball.
Its weird because a similar call was made in the Euros the other week where they found the player in Salahs position was offside. Because when the ball was played before the defender touched the ball, the attacker was clearly offside and in the play as the ball was going to them.

And under the old rules, Salah is offside too.

Definitely needs a revision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back